Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally i think my search is over, tomorrow i am going to buy this...
The car has been inspected and it seams that the only big thing is that it is a little bit out of alignment due to an old accident, my workshop expert said that the car is fine and can be fixed when i decide to strip it all and start the restoration.
Till then with some mechanical fixes and tires the car is usable.
What do you think ?

first pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dzpfwe6seprxm4e/AAAERg-z_YdOZQCxRvpVtG00a?dl=0

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfa Gt Sprint Veloce 1967 Verde Pino - Greece

Hello, Finally :thumbup: my search is over, the car has some alignment issues due to an old accident and bad fix, but my mechanic said is not a big issue and it can be corrected when ill decide to start the restoration, in the meaning time with some mechanical fixes some new tires the car is usable.
The engine is not the matching but i think is the correct sprint veloce engine ?
And what about the seats ?

Regards
junior33

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the seats are re-padded (albeit poorly) originals. Looks like all the parts are there minus a few smalls such as arm rests etc. Seems the door cards have also been replaced recently.

When was it resprayed ?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The seller said that he just made a quick external respray 5 months ago ... but the repairs are should be a lot of years ago as he owned the car from 1996 till now but he said he didn't had any accident.

The door cards have been changed yes...the original were skai cuoio, but ill stick with this blacks ... and ill source the missing parts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Sounds good. The engine needs to be a 0536 stamping to be an original Veloce engine block. Seems to be correct as it has crossover pipe and a Dynamo.

You have a somewhat rare 105 GTV - well done!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Pancho!, a friend from Germany is going to send me also an original 38cm GTA steering Wheel Hellebore, now i have to find a hub and the horn button :)
And i am thinking to order also the 14 GTA replica wheels

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nice, check to see what tyres you can buy in the correct 14" size in Greece before you buy the wheels. Hellebore hubs are hard to find.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Engine looks like the genuine article - 1600? with crossover air box.

Seats are not S1 1750 -probably originals that have been redone.

Recent paint job is probably hiding a few issues - but that's to be expected unless you pay top dollar. Did you run a magnet over the body?

Overall the car looks pretty reasonable in the photos. Good luck with the resto.

Will look awesome when you are finished.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
If you can send your chrome work to Franjo he can fix most things.

Reproduction parts are not the same.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts