Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Faithful, I have been working on this project for over a year now and I hope it will make it to All Italian Day in Alameda on Oct 06. I still have to work on the interior and some trim parts are missing but I am both excited and frustrated it took this long. I hope the purists won't choke but I am a boy racer @ heart hence the look.

Enjoy ! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the way that looks! OK maybe some purists might baulk at the color, but it's a great looking Giulia. Well done!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I forgot to mention the details:

1965 Guilia TI sedan with orig 5.12 non LSD rear end, orig rust free CA black plate car from Berkeley, upgraded 1750 motor. Color is Alfa Romeo Arancia, NOS instrument cluster ( very groovy indeed ! ) all new headliner, lightweight carpet set, GTA style buckets & rear seats done in correct Alfa Grey vinyl, all new rubber seals. Wheels are 15 x 6" TZ replicas from Japan,and a few more Autodelta style bits. :cool:

Here are some interior & trunk shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thats the spirit!!!
I bet she'll be more fun than the two german counterparts in the background!!
regards
Bob

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
looks fantastic, I LOVE it!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
That is HHHOTTTTTTTTT!!!!

That is the nicest non-original Giulia i've seen in ages and ages. We never see stuff like that under here in Australia. I think a lot of Alfisti here take their 105s too seriously.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I think her stance is sweet! I anticipate years of fun ahead for you ;). And as super1750 mentioned, sure to be more fun than her European garage-mates. :eek::D

·
Premium Member
21,375 Posts
Nice car; nice cars in the garage too. Not all cars have to be bone-stock.

What VIN is this car? I recall the license plate, but don't think I have this car on the Giulia Sedan Register.

If you show up Oct. 6 you'll be the only one there; the show is on Oct. 7.

Andrew

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for kind words !

Bucket & rear seats came from Stefan of GTS Classics who is now in Texas. They are all custom sewn in Italy ( AFAIK ! ) so we matched the Alfa Grey vinyl of the 105 series.

Lightweight carpet set is from World Upholstery in LA. Just order a set of Guilia Super carpet done in lightweight PERLON material ( usually German )
Its actually ALOT less expensive than the OE style carpet. ;)

Tires are 195/65/15" with 6" TZ replicas and they are a total b*tch to fit.
Some creative suspension tricks already done but still slight rubbing in front as car is lowered.

Andrew, thanks for the heads up but I plan to camp out there for a prime spot ! :D I got this car from brother Ben.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your kind words !

Bucket & rear seats came from Stefan of GTS Classics who is now in Texas. They are all custom sewn in Italy ( AFAIK ! ) so we matched the Alfa Grey vinyl of the 105 series.

Lightweight carpet set is from World Upholstery in LA. Just order a set of Guilia Super carpet done in lightweight PERLON material ( usually German )
Its actually ALOT less expensive than the OE style carpet. ;)

Tires are 195/65/15" with 6" TZ replicas and they are a total b*tch to fit.
Some creative suspension tricks already done but still slight rubbing in front as car is lowered.

Andrew, thanks for the heads up but I plan to camp out there for a prime spot ! :D I got this car from brother Ben.

·
Registered
362 Posts
rear wheel fitting

Hi there Alfanatico,
I had the same trouble fitting 6 inch steel wheels under the rear fenders of my giulia but came up with a quick and simple solution without touching the body. You simply remove the rear disks and have the amount of room that you need turned off the front of the bolting face (where the studs come through) and remount. The disks are originally 8mm thick there, which is much more than needed. I did the rear brakes on a big old Mercedes last week that is about 2.5 times as heavy as a giulia, and measured the thickness on those disks at 5mm. I took 3mm off my disks and have not had any trouble. A friend of mine in Germany who has been working on Alfas for about 35 years now, says that disks used to be available in different thicknesses. The only thing you, or your machinist,will have to be careful about is that the disks are running true on the lathe before turning down.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
362 Posts
oops!

Guess i shoulda read things a little more thoroughly before babbling! If you have the clearance for the brake calipers, it should work in the front too though. I wouldn't take 3mm off in the front though.
sorry
Bob

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice TI! I will be there with my super, but it is not near as nice as yours:(
I hope to see you there. Maybe we'll swap some stories!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Rear tires Giulia

I have same size of tires and wheel on my Giulia But I machined of material on the inner hub of the wheel, That means that the rear wheels is always rear wheels :confused:

Realy good looking Giulia, I also have the modified 1750 engine in mine with modified gearbox and 4,73 rear axle ratio.
I have so much fun with car that is almost a crime :D

Good luck and please post after first real test
Regards,

Fredrik with 4 Giulias in different states rebiuld

update - change picture

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts