Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'91 164S, '17 Giulia Ti Sport, '79 Sport Sedan (previously many GTV6, AlfettaGT, 164s, and Spiders.
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the Portland Art Museum (PAM) they have a wonderful new exhibit;  The Allure of the Automobile.  It is the first exhibition to consider the stylistic development of cars in the context of prominent design movements such as Art Moderne and Postwar Modernity. Visitors learn about the contrasts between European and American design, the influence of decorative arts, and the significant changes in automotive styling and engineering before and after World War II.  First displayed at the High Museum in Atlanta, this will be the only other location for this exhibit.  Jon Shirley’s Alfa 8c2900B is part of this show and looks great in this wonderful mix of cars.  For show details, check their website: http://specialexhibitions.portlandartmuseum.org/allure/
Plan to join with NWARC for a drive to the show on Aug 14.  The collection Curator, Ken Gross, will provide the tour with detail and behind the scenes stories about each car and the display at 2 PM.  This will sell out, so I bought discount tickets in advance. Contact Fred R at [email protected] if you want tickets and plan to join us.
I plan to meet up at Southcenter Mall (under the large Westfield sign) at 9 AM on August 14th. We’ll drive the boring I-5 run to Portland, arriving in time for lunch before our 2 PM tour. Afterward, it is the slog back up I-5 to Seattle. I have contacted other clubs to join us on this event and drive down and back which is another reason to not delay contacting me about tickets.  FEN, MG, Ferrari, Triumph, Jaguar, Healy, Mini, Lamborghini, Corvette, etc… these guys may join us!

PAM 1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97205

·
Registered
'91 164S, '17 Giulia Ti Sport, '79 Sport Sedan (previously many GTV6, AlfettaGT, 164s, and Spiders.
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put the word out to a number of other clubs and also to our NWARC e-mail list... I need all RSVPs by August 5th to confirm with the Museum. Thanks!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a number of people who have reserved space on this event... I am down to the last couple days before I need to close the reservation. If you want to go with us, and haven't said so yet, speak up by Aug 5th.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts