Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious on this issue.
Were the floors riveted, and was chassis flex compromised?
Was it one continuous part per side or...
Photos would be great.

Thank you.
Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
46 Posts
Chassis flexibility certainly was compromised ! The normal steel floorpan GTA was hardly the most rigid of platforms, and the aluminium version was quite a bit worse. On my GTA I could slip my hand between the roll-cage and the A-post on some parts of the circuit, but could not get a playing-card between them at rest.

I think this lack of rigidity led to the decision not to make any more examples of the alu floor car. There is/was one alu floor car in the UK, owned by Tim Dutton.
Nick

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,
I am a member of this forum since quite a while but was not very active so far. I am interested in GTA's and hope to find one myself one day.

I am also curious about this issue.How many cars with alu floorpans were built? Did AD replace the steel floorpans originally built in by AR or did AR build in the alu floorpans when manufacturing the car?

Kind regards
bell904

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will prepare some photographs about the aluminium floor from my car. The restorer of my car mentioned that the aluminium floorpans only could be installed during the production of the car, for my opinion that means in ARESE.
According my lists about GTA, the aluminium floor only was installed from Alfa Romeo in the first 100 serialnumbers (613001 to 613099), but for sure not every car out of this group has a aluminium floor.
My papers revealed that less than 50 cars are made with this option. If I will find more information ,I will come back to this matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts