·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
15,863 Posts
Well, we use the Michelin Exalto PE2 on our Milano. Actually turns out to be a pretty good all season, since it doesn't hydroplane in the wet and has great grip as well, and, we can actually drive around in the snow with them, to some extent. Considering your area, though, may not be enough off-road tread to suit you, and they are not inexpensive, although they do last.

Of course, if you drive this car in the winter when they use salt back there, you can kiss the car goodbye in a year or so, lol, so I would buy some less expensive short term tires. You sure you don't have a less fragile car to drive then? Just asking.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Del.. The Exalto pe2's. Are NLA. Not looking for snow traction as much as a good all season. So not to worry! ��

·
Premium Member
15,863 Posts
Umm, didn't know the 15's are unavailable now. Rats, now I will have to start looking for another tire for when the time comes. These are great tires. Don't necessarily want to go to 16's, would have to buy new wheels.

I suggest you go to the Tire Rack site, and peruse their selection of tires, reading both the test results and the user reviews.

·
Premium Member
15,863 Posts
Well, that's not completely true, as the all-season tires of today are as good as performance tires of just a few years ago. If you buy the quality tires, as compared to the el cheapos, you do get decent performance. Not as good as the modern summer performance of today of course, but still...who races around all the time, even in an Alfa.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have found the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is THE superior all season tire. They do wet and mild performance very well. However, I do not know if they are available in your size.

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
i just put a set of Falken Ziex 912 on mine. 14 inches. Did this at the advice of my tire guy and am happy. My criteria was good grip in the dry, quiet and comfortable. I got all 3 and in the light rain I drove in yesterday, I sense they'll be nice. Very nice at high speeds on the hiway. I hope to have them in the mountains in the next days. I've not had Falken before and had heard and read mostly good reviews so...just my 2 cents. ciao, chris

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Chris.. Thanks.. I had toyo extensa HP's put on in a 195 55 15's, they were 140 ea. But they price matched me at 87$... Plus 15 a corner for mount and balance.. Total = 420.00

Does anyone have detailed alignment specs?

·
Premium Member
4,761 Posts
tire guy did recommend a Toyo for me as well. Not sure why I wnet Falken as this guy is prime Bridgestone Dealer so must have had his reasons. I trust him so waay we went...ciao, jc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts