Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using a 1 7/16" socket, got the nut off of the crank. Pulled the pulley off in pieces, with shredded front crank seal all over it. Pulley is shot, no sign of key, anyone have these parts in used???? Need some help please! PM or call me (513-769-1386) David Douglas

Attachments

·
chiuso per ferie
11,766 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and hows the oil pump, it goes on the same key.
cliff
The oil pump does not go on that key, it is designated just for the pulley and timing marks (1990 Bosch Motronic). The crank is fine, nitrided, harder than the pulley and the key.

·
Premium Member
26,893 Posts
The oil pump does not go on that key, it is designated just for the pulley and timing marks (1990 Bosch Motronic). The crank is fine, nitrided, harder than the pulley and the key.
Are you sure? All I have to go by is picture I posted but it sure looks look oil pump drive gear uses same long key as front crank pulley.

Long key 60507020 $2.20, motronic pulley 60554149 $138, oil seal front cover 60560702 $5.75 oil slinger 60513463 $0.81, oil pump gear 60544259 $69. See www.difatta.com they list all these parts.

Prove me wrong, but if oil pump drive gear is on same key and key is half sheared for just pulley you may have to pull front cover off engine to get oil slinger and oil pump gear off to get remainder of key out of crankshaft groove.

Front cover gaskets 60506889 $2.58 and 60777698 $5.98.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Difatta has better prices than alfapartscatalog.com. Something to remember!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just got off of the phone with papajam (Thanks again Jim!), the long key does not control oil pump, uncertain that the car has a slinger.
The theory I have on why this may have broken (the pulley), is from when my alternator broke. I had a alternator case screw loosen all the way out of the alternator till it hit the alternator fan causing an abrubt stop. The alternator snapped right off the block, so it was extreme force at work. I'd imagine that proably cracked the pulley at the key way and since then has been crumbling ever since.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts