Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rare '64 floor shift 1300 Giulietta TI in even rarer original condition with 42K original kilometers on the odometer. The paint is remarkable considering its age. It spent its entire life in a dry garage and has zero rust. The underside has period correct, oily undercoating and even the exhaust appears to be factory installed (it has a bit of surface rust).

The original motor and running gear operate perfectly. The drums feel great and the car doesn't pull in either direction. The steering is tight and responsive.

The interior is absolutely remarkable. No tears, cracking or staining. Everything is original - seats, carpets, even the aftermarket inclement weather floor mats. The Blau radio works. The door cards have their original fabric inserts and are neither discolored or cracked.

The car comes with brand new 155 15 Michelin XAS's, extensive documentation, manual, maintenance handbook, original plates, the original radio block-off plate, etc. I have all the documentation needed to register in the US.

I've received this car from good friends in Northern Italy and have been struggling a bit with what to do with it. I am absolutely in love with it but at the same time I am a bit buried in projects (two Giulia Supers in various states of complete rebuild and a Jr Zagato that needs it's axle rebuild and some gauges replaced).

There is no other Giulietta Berlina in the US in the condition that I know of, although I'd love to see one if it exists. This is one of those cars that you do nothing to but drive and maybe park on a lawn for others to gawk at.

$50,000.00 obo

PM me if interested!

ciao
Brian

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More photos

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Can you PM me the VIN, engine number, etc., for the register? Thanks.
Very nice looking car.
Andrew

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is sort of cool - here’s the cars original title. I love these documents. They are like an ID for a car in Italy. There’s no mention of the owner. If the car moves to a different a new title is issued. “Registration” is basically a little ticket that gets stamped every year and credits ownership. Gives you the feeling that the car is more important than the owner! 😂

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
So "Giulietta Berlina" is a model distinct from "Giulietta TI." This says it's a TI, and that's what the VIN shows as, third series. If you can spy the engine number I'd appreciate it.
Cool.
Andrew

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. That’s fair. It’s a TI. Berlina is a generic term for sedan (as in Fulvia Berlina) so I assumed it applied in that sense. Point taken.

Why don’t you come by the shop tomorrow and see the engine numbers firsthand?

cheers
Brian

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitely my favorite Giulietta color. I may be incorrect in calling in French blue.

·
Administrator
3,721 Posts
Looks more like AR319 Blue Tornado, pretty car with a stunning interior, it really is immaculate, even has the remnants of the original door car plastic covers under the door pulls / arm rests. It would be amazing to get yours & Bill Gilham's one together - Paring the herd a bit.

There were Giulietta Berlina's and Giulietta Ti's, same basic body shell, but the Berlina had a lesser spec, no tach, no water & oil temperature gauges, a single throat carb and simplified door panels

The Ti's had different bumpers with different over riders, different tail lights, a tach, oil & water temp gauges, slightly fancier door cards and a twin choke carb like the Sprint & Spider Normale's

Alfa made 92000 Ti's..... more than the Sprint, Spider, Berlina, SS & Zagato builds together, they were the car that pulled Alfa out of the depression after WW2. It's a Sprint with 4 doors, I love ours, it's just such a versatile little car. in 2 weeks time, we're off to Eroica, the steel bicycle ride and we're taking the Ti again with 2 bikes in the back , I just leave the seat cushion out and pad the rest.

Sprint, Spider & Ti - go on, collect the set, mint & boxed ones like this are rarer than rare :D Discerning collectors will know this already !!

Ciao
Greig

RHD Ti 10109*00647

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry Jr suggested it might be bluette - I think that may actually be the case.

Yes - the little details in the TI make a big difference. It's a very nicely trimmed car. The build quality is really something.

I've restored Giuliettas and owned (and driven) 20+ alfas at this point. This is the first Giulietta Sedan that I've had the pleasure of driving - not that I haven't been a bit obsessed with them but I've just never seen one in decent condition. I think it's the fact that they were so commonplace by comparison that they were not loved and cared for. There seem to be very few left that retain their original details or aren't on the edge of disintegrating. There are definitely many in Italy that I've looked at but it's the same there - shoddy body work and less patina than wear and tear.

If you've worked on cars of this era you know that restoration is incredibly challenging and time consuming. The factory used a fair amount of filler to get the smooth rounded curves. The sheet metal is heavy and feels hand made. They lack the pressed sheet-metal feel of Giulia Supers and other 105 cars - they're closer to the hand build pre-war psyche than you would expect considering their "assembly line" reputation. Don't get me wrong, thanks to Andrew W's influence I am a hardcore 105 sedan person but I really appreciate the 101's they incredibly cool cars.

cheers,
Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts