Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide some starting point specs for a 74 GTV ? Castor, camber and toe. I have the adjustable upper arms and the car is lowered an inch. I know there are a lot of variables. My car will be used for performance street driving. Thanks for any advice. Rich.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,390 Posts
Can anyone provide some starting point specs for a 74 GTV ? Castor, camber and toe.
I have found the following to work really well with moderately wide (195 or 205 section width) tires for performance street use:

-1/2° Camber
2° to 3° Caster
1/8" Toe-In

·
Registered
265 Posts
Joe:

Thanks for sharing your recommendation. Two questions:

1. Do you find that the -1/2 degree camber affects the wear pattern, i.e., does it cause the inner edge to wear faster?

2. Does increasing the caster tend to lighten the steering that seems heavier with the wide tires?

Thanks again,
Bob Stewart

·
Supporting Vendor
4,390 Posts
Thanks for sharing your recommendation. Two questions:

1. Do you find that the -1/2 degree camber affects the wear pattern, i.e., does it cause the inner edge to wear faster?
Not really. I think you would find accelerated wear if you were to go significantly more than -1/2°. I personally find I still wear the outer edges of the tires more than the inner edges with this setting.

2. Does increasing the caster tend to lighten the steering that seems heavier with the wide tires?
Actually increased caster makes the steering heavier. However it also decreases the tendency for the wider tires to follow grooves in the road.

·
Premium Member
2,536 Posts
With 205/60/15s I have used for decades 1/16'' toe in, about 3 degrees castor, and about 1/2 degree negative camber. Did not notice any abnormal tire wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts