Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: the client's GTV had a fair amount of body damage, but also he'd hit something low at speed, which did no good to the front suspension. The left one, not so bad, but the right one was really screwed up.

I generally do my own bodywork and paint, but felt this was best left up to a shop who is more familiar with the various issues that need sorting out.

This bodyshop isn't set up to do serious straightening so it was farmed out. The right front wheel is still really splayed out meaning there is considerable negative camber. The car is going to come back to my shop after final primer, before painting, so I can check out the suspension.

I suspect there will be more questions, but my first one is does someone have an absolute accurate length of the center of the rear axle to the front one? Or has another way to determine the centerline (or another specific point measurement?) of the front suspension?

I already know there are some parts bent on the front suspensions so I'll be doing a complete rebuild before the car is painted using 'new' spindles for starters along with adjustable upper control rods and all new ball joints, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Brad, thanks tons. I'm not sure why there was a webloc on the pdf, so I hope no one is upset that I not only photoshopped, but (as you can see) have included the 'new and improved' suspension points here.

Assuming the car has been leveled, would it be naive to think that the front suspension mounting points 'area' (after suspension has been removed) should be a perfectly 90 degrees vertical?

It has also dawned on me that I'm going to need to take front vertical measurements and will most likely do so at H.

Also, thank you for posting the information regarding the rear transmission mounts. I need to replace it so will remember to specify a vertical mount.

I was just wondering if an alignment forum would be a good idea? For instance where do the racer guys post their questions/answers/comments regarding alignment?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ummm, ulp! Really an observant guy aren't I?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts