Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know from the AROO directory that other Alfa owners live in the Washougal-Camas-Vancouver area, though I never see any of you out and about in your Alfas.

Anyone interested in coming to a get-to-know-you breakfast or lunch on an upcoming Saturday?

(Sorry for the CamUs typo in the heading)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, people! Spring has sprung. Dust off those Alfas and get them on the road. Where are you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
you will be seeing mine out and about....i live in the Rainier area of Oregon and will working a few days a week at Portland Meadows and will be using her to go back and forth to work....get her on the road and cruising during the nice summer days. I finally got her here...I posted an introduction and pictures on the picture page. If you have any answers to any of my inquires I would greatly appreciate them!! Thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oddly, I was just in Rainier a couple of days ago. I have only been there once before. I was hoping to find some Alfisti in the Vancouver-Camas-Washougal area. Seems that most car nuts around here drive hot rods and American muscle. Your car looks great.

Are you aware of International Auto, Centerline, Alfaholics, Alfa Parts, APE and the host of other established parts sources? There's a thread somewhere on BB that lists them. You'll also want to join the Oregon Alfa Club, AROO. That's the best way to meet Alfisti and keep tabs on what's going on. As for local mechanics, I haven't used one but people seem to like Nasko's Imports in Portland.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently, Alfa owners on the north side of the river are a shy and/or secretive lot. Never see any out on the road ... okay, not true. I've seen two spiders in the six years we've lived here, and there's a third under a tarp about two miles from our house, though it will be growing mushrooms inside if not allowed to experience some sunlight soon.

If you see this red GTV out and about, honk and wave. It's lonely being a sports car nut in a world of SUVs, pickups, muscle cars and hot rods.

Attachments

·
Registered
974 Posts
Gary, keep an eye open for a blue VW Golf or a black VW Jetta TDI wagon sporting stickers from the SF Alfa Romeo Association, buzzing around the Vancouver area. In a few months my old cars will be joining me up here, for now the old '97 Golf will have to do. The only Alfa I've spotted here so far was a 164S on Mill Plain by the 205, hopefully things are better on the other side of the river at least.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Chris. I'll watch for your cars. I take it you're a recent import from the Bay Area. If you want to meet a serious Golf nut, go to Rejuvination Hardware in Portland and ask for Justin. He has a wild turbocharged VW and is excellent for TDI engine work (a side-line of his).

My GT has an ARA sticker from about 1983 on the rear glass, along with SNO stickers. But then it's the only GT you're likely to see on the road in the Vancouver-Camas-Washougal area. It doesn't get out much in the rain. Instead, I'm usually in a white Jeep Liberty with SNO and Alfa logos on the back window. It's an Italian-engined CRD (diesel).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts