Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I finally had some time for some pictures of our radiators to show:

For more information on this product please visit or any questions just e-mail or call me:

http://www.alfissimo.com/index.php?productID=318

Note: Licensed Business, City, state and federal, BBB ( I do not want to be confused with the other aluminum radiator problem). Item, once ordered takes around 2-3 weeks possibly sooner during fall and winter, spring and summer up to 4 weeks

Thanks for looking!! :)

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Hey Jason,

Just a design question here, why is the switch mount at the bottom of the radiator, besides that is the location on the original radiator. Since heat rises, isn't that lower switch mount going to cause more of a heat issue. Maybe there is not enough heat difference from top to bottom of the radiator to even justify the question, but I have read that you want the switch at the higher position to keep the fluid in the radiator at its coolest.

Other than that it looks good, I like the stock mounts.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Hey Jason,

Just a design question here, why is the switch mount at the bottom of the radiator, besides that is the location on the original radiator. Since heat rises, isn't that lower switch mount going to cause more of a heat issue. Maybe there is not enough heat difference from top to bottom of the radiator to even justify the question, but I have read that you want the switch at the higher position to keep the fluid in the radiator at its coolest.

Why not just buy the low temp VW switch if you are worried about temps?

·
Premium Member
9,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey Jason,

Hey Sam,

Hope your enjoying the Quad?
I wanted to keep everything in stock positions so that it is a direct replacement without any modifications. I wanted it to be good for street to full race use. If you order and want the switch somewhere else that is an option. I can vary from this design a bit.

It is just thicker and all aluminum of course. There is typically a 35-40% reduction in cooling with these.
You won't need a low temp fan switch nor will have to worry about any over heating issues with this radiator. Use the stock switch and your fine. We run in 110˚F weather all day long with the milano not running over 210˚F+/- sitting in traffic. On the run it drops a good 10˚F degrees.

I would guarantee you will never have to worry about cooling problems as long as all your components are working 100% to spec.

More detailed information available on my site.

Thanks
Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts