Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a Milano tailpipe will fit an Alfetta Sedan? Not too concerned about alignment of pipes in front of axle as that can be made custom. Need to know if they will route around same hardpoints aft of axle (i.e. Watts link, spare tire well, battery box, etc).

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a '79 sedan. I mounted a CSC center and rear exhaust from a Milano. I cut the center section (Alfa OEM) just after the two pipes come into one. Basically using the the area where the pipe gets flattened out to go under the cross member. And then used a CSC rear section. All basically bolt in. The center section used the rear rubber donut hangers. The rear section used the hanger above the half shaft but I did drill a new hole through the floor of the trunk to hang the last hanger. The tail pipe fit under the rear skirt. I have a ANSA rear that I want to try also. My car is lowered so the space between the body, half shafts and watts link is tight. In fact years ago I had an ANSA rear, for a Alfetta Sedan, that would hit the watts link if I went over a good size bump.

Not sure how different the earlier sedans are. On my car the stock battery placement is in the engine compartment and the tire well is shifted to the driver's side. If your battery is submerged in the trunk floor, this might be a problem. I can get some pictures if you want.

Nick Fonte, MA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts