Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfetta saloon 3.5 v6

I love to share My on going project on this nice site the car is a alfetta saloon whit a 2.5 liter v6 but soon a 2.8 liter v6.

info
chassi:30mm torsionbars,bilstein rs shocks nice swedenmade springs in the back,casterrod balls.powerflex and zagato uniball in the dideon and wattlink whit uniballs.
Brakes: porshe 968 calipers whith subaru impreza rotors in the front stock one in the back and steelbraided hoses.
Gearbox stock 3.0 liter.

The car has a stock outside whit cromebumbers and trim,inside a am thinking gtv6 seats front and rearseat in black leather.
I hopefully finish the car to mars or april 2008 when spring arrives in sweden:)

Best regards

Attachments

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
That's wonderful! The world needs more Alfetta Sedans. I would love to see more pictures of the restoration. And pics of the project as it unfolds. Thanks for sharing.

Paul

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
I agree cannot be to much alfetta sedans on this planet.
Do you now if they sold a lot of alfettas in US and if it is some still around,A friend of mine thinking of starting a register for only sedans.

I will follow up this thread as the car builds up

Daniel//

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
They sold a few but I'm sure that most of them are long gone. A sedan register would be cool. I'm sure as you know they probably rusted away.

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Thanks.
I agree cannot be to much alfetta sedans on this planet.
Do you now if they sold a lot of alfettas in US and if it is some still around,A friend of mine thinking of starting a register for only sedans.

I will follow up this thread as the car builds up

Daniel//
Hmmm - I've been seriously considering starting a North American Alfetta Sedan Registry (NAASR :confused:) for some time now. Years ago, there used to be one - but it's vanished. I haven't decided why it's necessary other than to satisify my insane obsession over these cars. Anyone car to shed some light - pros/cons?

I don't know the actual sales numbers for the U.S., but they were pretty low to begin with. When they first arrived in '75 -76, they were 49 state only vehicles. As such, Californians (largest car market in U.S.?) weren't allowed to own them until the '77 came along with better emissions. The second series ('78 - '79) sold significantly more, though for my money - they just don't quite have "it" like the original does :).

When you're finished with your sedan - wanna overhaul mine??:D:D:D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okej-i think over here in sweden you can count the sedans on your ten fingers,it couldt be more but not in nice condition,but i am gonna call the car registration office and ask for the exact number of cars still on paper.
But i think we need a international sedan register so we can get all of the cars around the world:)

And of course i fix your car you can drive it to me,if you drive over alaska and then try to skid over the water to russia then cross thr sibiria,finland and take the boat to stockholm you are there:D:D:D

ps saw the pictures of your car looked sweet:cool:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
It would be very interesting to know how many really are out there in the world. Maybe it will bring attention to one of the most underrated Alfas out there:D

Heck it might even bring up the values a bit.

Paul

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I love Alfetta Sedans or Saloons or whatever you would care to call them. That website is still up and it is located at http://www.geocities.com/psi_21/, but it doesn't seem to be a register per se. It hasn't been updated since about 2004 and it gets overloaded easily (thanks to Yahoo). But it does have some cool stuff about Alfetta 4-doors.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Yeah - that old site has been around for ages:rolleyes: - that's not what I was referring to. Andrew (of the Berlina Register) based out of Berkeley, CA once told me (and I think passed along my info to) about a guy who maintained a register for Alfetta Sedans. Mind you this was in the very early internet days (mid-nineties), so I don't even know if the guy ever had a site, but he did have the documentation. I've thought about a worldwide register as well, but that was before I realized how many were still lurking in Australia! If I went world-wide - I might end up limiting it to the series one sedans ('73 - 77).
Daniel, while I'd love to take an inter-contenental drive to deliver the car to you - Perhaps I ship it instead? Though, come to think of it the rust issue with it being on a boat for weeks worries me...:eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes couldt be nice with just serie 1 sedans but then the serie 2 drivers maybe get p***ed and let the air out of our tyres and stop waving when we meet them:D
But how about the 75 register haven`t been in there for ages is that still around? Maybe we shouldt do like that,like put all the chassinumber up and se which cars that are sistercars.

And Jeff about your boattrip,I am sure its just the tyres left when it arrives maybe the upholstery;)

I put up a picture of my car when i bought it with a 1.8 carb turbo engine in it and a messy paint(and that front spoiler back to the 80s):)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
The 75 register is still there - I like that site, but again, I'm not sure what use it serves - other than to satisfy my "need to know". I'm not too worried about series 2 drivers not waving - we're about the only Alfa people who give them any love & beggers can't be choosers! :D:D:D

I guess I need to learn how to do HTML crap so if I decide to build the register - I'll be able to make it all fancy like :p

Now that I've seen how much work you've done on your sedan - I'm really ready to ship mine over to you! :)

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
P.S. re-reading this from the beginning (hey - I'm trying to avoid work!) I forgot to mention that my sedan has the GT coupe seats in it like you were planning to do. It wasn't a direct drop-in and bolt-up thing - but it can be done fairly easily. Realize, that you won't get as much legroom in the rear as with the stock seats, as the coupe's seatback bows out instead of inwards. Also - check out Paul's (GT601) coupe dash in his sedan elsewhere on this board - very trick modification.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Here is the dash... It wasn't hard as all the wires are color coded the same. The dash came out of a '79 so I had to ditch the mechanical tach cable. I also had to modify the speedo cable because I'm too cheap to buy the correct one.
Paul

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
Beauty! Hurry and get her done, really want to see it.
I love that car...
Here are a few of my favorites:

Anyways...

J

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
Hey Daniel - how was it pulling out the front windscreen? Any troubles? I'm fearing the day I need to pull it out to have some rust fixed - only to have it break and not be able to find another replacement!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't know the actual sales numbers for the U.S., but they were pretty low to begin with. When they first arrived in '75 -76, they were 49 state only vehicles. As such, Californians (largest car market in U.S.?) weren't allowed to own them until the '77 came along with better emissions.
I had a CA emissions '76. It had an electric sunroof. It also had a "slow down" warning light that I believe was tied to the emissions. Could that car have been a pilot or perhaps a dealer modified '76? I always thought that car was special.

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I had a CA emissions '76. It had an electric sunroof. It also had a "slow down" warning light that I believe was tied to the emissions. Could that car have been a pilot or perhaps a dealer modified '76? I always thought that car was special.
LoL - yeah - the "slow down" light, passengers in my '77 ALWAYS asked what that was about (I never did understand it myself):confused: I never got it to light up, and believe me, being my first Alfa, I drove the snot out of that car.

A few '76 model years could have made it through - but an electric sunroof?? That is special! Probably dealer installed or if you were not the first owner, a previous owner retrofit. My '77 had a brilliant cartridge sunroof (manual) that I've wished I had on every Alfa since - it was aftermarket, installed in the '80's. I asked around local shops and no one seems to know how to get a hold of one anymore, only the lame pop up only kind.:(

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I also fear the dreaded windshield removal also. mine leaks when it rains alot.
Do tell.
Paul

·
Registered
750 Posts
LoL - yeah - the "slow down" light, passengers in my '77 ALWAYS asked what that was about (I never did understand it myself):confused: I never got it to light up, and believe me, being my first Alfa, I drove the snot out of that car.:(
I think that's the catyltic converter overtempture light, if it got to hot or the cat was fried it would come on telling you to let off.

GV

1 - 20 of 112 Posts