Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I follow an interesting road test series on youtube tested by Davide Cironi and he tested end of october 2014 a series one (slim heart grille) alfetta berlina. He enthuses over the cars technical prowess over the competition when it was launched and over the soul of the car.
It is in my humble opinion an interesting video ...there are two...but the car tested is fair tune but not as lively as it should be... I have lived with my fathers one since new and it should be very free revving.

Anyhow I give link to the two videos...in italian only sorry...but Davide talks of how the cars were used by the police and the criminals in period in italy because of the performance, four doors and luggage capacity...he says any boy growing up with one would feel very pleased ..he is right...i for one did.

enjoy!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...i did not mention that he says the difference between the car and the previous giulia series and the competition was the superior steering...rack and pinion...lightened further by lower unsprung weight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really like his video's. The one his did of the 75 had english subtitles.

I'd love to find a good example out here, but there are only two for sale on the West Coast of the US that i can find and both look to be significant projects.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Antiacus...agreed his videos are interesting.

About finding Alfetta sedans in the states or west coast the trouble is that the price level of the cars came down to such a point and stayed there ...until now really...so people used them until they broke and did not bother with maintenance because they are much more complicated than 105 cars. Also the sedans did not have good weather protection from new and were not designed to be left on the street and cope with damp or very cold conditions for very long.

Anyhow I am guessing there might be still a few sedans on the west coast that were just left in a garage and are still there so maybe in future you might get lucky with one of those because bodywork is still the key thing to find in good condition ...all mechanicals can be fixed since the engine is 105 and the propshaft pieces all available...good luck anyhow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts