Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a direct fit aftermarket radiator for the alfetta?

I already searched this site and the usual shops on the net....

Thanks

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not sure why you seek a replacement (repair?, increase capacity?, new desired?, etc.) but I might have a good used original if you're interested. Would need to have it checked to be sure.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi dragline! I am interested. PM sent.

I was looking for a new manufacture rad like the IAP GTV6 rad, but no one seems to make them....

heard there is a VW one that is close....

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys!
I was kinda looking for a direct fit NEW manufacture rad. In meantime, I am going to take my OE rad into shop and see if they can fix leaks.

Thanks for replies!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you can't get yours fixed, or if you can't find, or can't afford, a new radiator, a good radiator repair shop can re-core what you have. Cheaper than new, and should work as well. The hard parts to replicate are the side tanks (as in cross-flow radiators). There are aftermarket mfgs who make the cores. De-solder the old, re-solder the new, pressure check, re-install, new coolant, and drive away.

Makes it sound so easy. THAT's why I have pros do the hard stuff.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Hi, I was surfing through old Alfetta posts and came across yours.
I have a 78 GT with a Twinspark. I had an aluminum oversized rad made for mine about 9 or 10 years ago. HOWE radiators made it. I sent them a spare one that I had and the fabricated a new one using it as a template. It cost about $300. I live in Orlando and can drive it around without any heat problems, but I do keep my hood propped up just a bit to let the heat out. Every Alfetta GT that I've owned has run hot in traffic because of the lack of hood vents and the engine bay gets insanely hot as a result. A design flaw?

-Clark

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
found a guy in NE ohio through Hartville Radiator who does excellent work. resoldered one end cap and cleaned and pressure tested for 100$. good deal.

thanks for all the replies!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts