Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I disassembled the propshaft from my Alfetta GTV few months ago, but I lost the photos, I made during disassembly proces. So now I‘m not sure about correct orientation of the front and rear guibos. Could someone tell me, which side of the front guibo should face the engine and which side of the rear guibo transmision? pic. 1,2 front, 3,4 rear. Thank you

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the side on picture 1 should face the engine. And what about the rear guibo? - there is/was no gasket.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The gaskets/dealing rings should exist in the old guibos.
Just did it on my GTV6 they were there.
Have not seen them in the regular parts sources, would ve interesting where to get new ones.
Maybe they were not mounted to the new fuibos when this was one last time on your car?
They seal the grease to the outside

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
First picture goes towards the drive shaft. There should be a bearing sleeve that swivels. You will have to line it up the the hole to get it to slide on. Do not force the donut on.

Gaskets should be on your old ones. If not. You will have to install them as is. There are not any available unless you can find used or NOS.

Also there are about 10 different styles of donuts. So make sure your new ones exactly match your old ones before trying to install them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mechtild and Jim G: thanks a lot, but now I have 2 different opinions about the front guibo orientation. I found some pictures in the internet sugesting that the pic. 1 side should face the engine (as mechtild says) but Jim says that the pic. 1 side should face the driveshaft, so pic. 2 side to the engine. So which one is correct?

·
Premium Member
4,731 Posts
I must of been half asleep when I wrote that and new stupid BB system will not let me edit it to correct it.

The first picture of the front donut should go towards the flywheel.

The last picture in the group donut goes towards the driveshaft. There should be a bearing sleeve that swivels. You will have to line it up the the hole to get it to slide on. Do not force the donut on.

Gaskets should be on your old ones. If not. You will have to install them as is. There are not any available unless you can find used or NOS.

Also there are about 10 different styles of donuts. So make sure your new ones exactly match your old ones before trying to install them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts