Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as some of you MIGHT know, I just bought an early Alfetta 1.8 sedan and as it turns out the body is quite solid.

I bought the car for its value in parts but I am now flirting with the idea of restoring it and the idea I love the most is potentially building up a Carabinieri/Polizia replica. I have searched the BB but I cant find any images of an early Italian Police Alfetta. So any out there?

Any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Some OK pics in this sweet movie...
Grats on the new purchase mate!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-tdw9qLzqQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x-tdw9qLzqQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
454 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase.Many usefull details (in italian) such as insignia,cars,history etc.you can find here:
Alfetta 1 serie

Arma dei Carabinieri - Home - L'Arma - Oggi - I mezzi

Before you do anything,be sure that a carabinieri or polizia replica car is street legal.For example in Italy and in many european countries you can't drive a carabinieri replica vehicle,as the carabinieri force is still active and uses the same insignia and the same livery.So you need a special permission for a limited and specific use of a polizia/carabinieri replica car.
I do have for sure photos of Alfetta prima serie on carabinieri livery in my archive.I promise you to post them.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Do it Ben! Put the 128 to the back of the shed and get into this one! Will those Campys fit that you just got?
Then you can be the true Italiansedanman again! Much better sounding than Bulvariansedanman...

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do it Ben! Put the 128 to the back of the shed and get into this one! Will those Campys fit that you just got?
Then you can be the true Italiansedanman again! Much better sounding than Bulvariansedanman...
Well, its getting tempting. Just having a series 1 Alfetta sedan, Verde Olivo as it is already with its tan interior (I am gifted with 4 perfect door cards, no speaker holes...) could be quite nice, but then also the lure of the Carabinieri rep in very dark blue and all the accessories. I think it would be unique in Australia?

I managed to start the engine this morning! A fresh set of plugs, bit of a turn with the coil disconnected for oil pressure and it fired on the second go!

As the PO managed to confuse the clutch reservoir with the brake reservoir when trying to remedy the brake issue, I couldn't engage a gear so I couldn't drive it, but sitting behind the wheel listening to the lovely rasp of the exhaust makes too good a case!

We'll see.

Anyone care to hazard a guess on the colour code for the Navy blue of the original Carabinieri cars?

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Couldn't find a series one car in my quick desktop search, but here's an '83 Alfetta in the correct color scheme. Also - if you want to keep it closer to your current color - they made some that were an non-metallic olive green and white - there's pics somewhere on this BB - but I can't find it at the moment...taken at some auto show or musuem in Europe.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Correction: 1982 Alfetta...

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Couldn't find a series one car in my quick desktop search, but here's an '83 Alfetta in the correct color scheme. Also - if you want to keep it closer to your current color - they made some that were an non-metallic olive green and white - there's pics somewhere on this BB - but I can't find it at the moment...taken at some auto show or musuem in Europe.

That's the verde militare (military green)of Polizia di Stato and Carabinieri
Il sito ufficiale della Polizia di Stato - Auto storiche

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Carabinieri Body Colour

I will probably start a full thread on this car soon, or as soon as I am 100% certain that I am going to do this thing. For now, would anyone care to speculate on the actual colour that the early Carabinieri Alfetta were painted?

I am looking for a code if possible, and I am talking CARABINIERI, not the light 'Polizia Municipale' blue. It is very dark.

Ben

·
Registered
454 Posts
I will probably start a full thread on this car soon, or as soon as I am 100% certain that I am going to do this thing. For now, would anyone care to speculate on the actual colour that the early Carabinieri Alfetta were painted?

I am looking for a code if possible, and I am talking CARABINIERI, not the light 'Polizia Municipale' blue. It is very dark.

Ben
Here is the only colour pfoto that i 've found of a 1800 Alfetta with CC livery.Although it's the "unificata" post 79 version,with the wider front scudetto, doors and doorhandles of the 2000 version,first series and post 75 model are identicals.
I am almost sure that the colour is the blu olandese, but i have to ask some italian alfetta experts to confirm that.
Just out of curiosity.Is your car a lhd?

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No my car is RHD, but this is never going to be a 100% faithful re-creation.

I tend to agree that the colour Olandese, but it isn't out of the question that Alfa Romeo would have painted a massive batch of cars in a unique colour for a bulk state-purchase for a government body like the Carabinieri.

I have just found on ebay, a authentic directional roof-mounted chrome spot light, as used on these cars. It is in Italy and will probably cost a mozza to post to Australia but it will really add to the car's look!

I cant find any colour photos of the very early cars either, but they dont seem to have a white roof. I like the white roof and I think my car my find one.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hi Ben.
The latest news is that the colour you are looking for is the Blue Lord (code 438).Never heard of that colour before anyway.

First series Alfettas (1972-1975) did have a white roof.They first appeared in a verde militare colour and then in blue with white roof.I have seen several period colour photos and i can confirm that.These photos might help you.
As i am collecting carabinieri,polizia,GdF ecc miniatures,i can confirm you that every car of the CC in action,be it Fiat or Alfa Romeo,since the early 70s have white roof.

So go for it.It would be a hell of a car!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well that helps a lot!

I am really looking forward to getting into this project but the first step is going to be getting into the car properly to see where its at body-wise.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am happy to say that I have nailed one of the hardest parts of this Police replica - I found a roof-mounted spot, genuine article on ebay in Milan and I won the auction!

I am very pleased, as in my opinion this would have been the most difficult single item to source and will add to the car's authenticity really well.

I can have the CARABINIERI lettering vinyl cut, and the flashing light should be easy to source too.

Now, on to the rebuild!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I am doing a Giulia Carabinieri Project and wonder what was the correct Color code finally? Did you finish this car already?

Further I am looking for the sticker and roof-mounted spot. Blue light I already found...

Thank you for info.

Alexander

1 - 17 of 17 Posts