Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with World upholstry LEATHER seat covers for Alfetta?

Seems like a great price for front seats at ~800 for both....

·
Registered
4 Posts
World upholstery

Did you ever find out any information about this company. I am looking for covers for my GTV6 (vinyl with cloth inserts) and I'm struggling to locate a source.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I was looking at this too. Maybe it was on the other GTV6 site, but I recall some pretty negative reviews of their products. Lots of expensive alterations at an upholstery shop to get them to fit, poor stitching, low quality materials, etc. On the other hand, not many sources for new upholstery sets so it might still be your best bet, short of full custom. $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope...stopped looking when I found the local leather shop in Canton.

Excellent work (see my Alfetta posts w/pics) They will do whatever you ask including following all original seems. If you want leather, you have to be sure to tell them EXACTLY where you want it(each panel) so no mistakes.

Sure-Fit Auto Care Center - Home

I think you can ship to them too. Ask for Fred to do the work. he did mine.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
FYI, I talked to a local custom shop and they'll be able to recondition most of my seat leather, restitch split seams, and replace panels only where absolutely necessary. Since it's not a show car, this is a fine alternative to having totally new covers made, not to mention about 1/4 the cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah I have found a fella locally who comes with a good reputation who has indicated that he can do a restoration fixing split seams and remolding foam etc but what he can't do is repair the sun damaged (faded) cloth inserts the seats have. I am also pursuing finding a supply of the cloth material (or as close a match as possible - to match the door trims made of the same patterns as seat inserts), and asking the upholsterer to quote me on making new panels up himself. I'll see how that all goes over the next few days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts