Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 78 Sprint Veloce that was manufatured in Nov, 77. This dude needs inner tie rod ends badly but I have been told that this car came variously with two or four different steering racks. I need to identify what rack I have and I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to do this. I have inspected the outside ends of the rack for tags or markings but can find nothing, I say nothing. No tags, numbers, scratches, nothing!
The next question is where to get the tie rod ends. I think I have some new ones rounded up depending on rack manufacture but that could turn out to be a pipe dream. Thanks,
John

·
Registered
523 Posts
There have been one or two threads on racks and tie rods within this forum in the past year. You might find something useful.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I had similar issues. It is nearly impossible to find 'alfa' parts , BUT..

if this is spica rack..maybe EbayIT (i use epocar1, a good italian seller)
Or sometimes racks were common to other vehicles like volkswagon..and maybe one of there inner tie rods will be close enough

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Try highwoodalfa.com They carry all 3 flavors with pictures to help identify yours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the help!

A really quick education in alfa racks. Thanks for all the help! I think I can at least tackel the problem and maybe even solve it.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Italcarnut: If SPICA rack in good condition...I am interested if AVEFUN does not want it.

I tried to pm you but no email/pm (for other parts too)

can you send me pm or email?

THANKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts