Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have these wanted parts: my car is a 79
Alfetta Sprint Veloce :

1. A good plastic trim piece that goes around the handle for sunroof cars
2. The 3 elongated barrel horn buttons on the steering wheel of the Alfetta
3. Set of 4 square euro style side marker lamps
Any and all help with these parts would be appreciated!!!
Rickety. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What does "square euro style side marker lamps" mean? Euro cars had no such thing unless you're talking about the indicators.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Rickety:the sunroof surround and the horn buttons are available from Highwood Alfa in the UK. In the USA late 78 and all 79 Alfetta coupes switched to a surface mount sidemarker assembly identical to the unit found on all of the USA GTV6s. AlfaBB embers may be able to provide with good used sidemarkers or you can contact Alfa Parts Exchange for these parts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does "square euro style side marker lamps" mean? Euro cars had no such thing unless you're talking about the indicators.
I believe your calling the indicators I’m calling them marker lamps. The euro cars had one on each side ont upper front fenders. In my application I would like to use 4 of these to fill the 4 holes left by my delegating the US indicators

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rickety:the sunroof surround and the horn buttons are available from Highwood Alfa in the UK. In the USA late 78 and all 79 Alfetta coupes switched to a surface mount sidemarker assembly identical to the unit found on all of the USA GTV6s. AlfaBB embers may be able to provide with good used sidemarkers or you can contact Alfa Parts Exchange for these parts.
I have tried to order the early euro side marker lamps from Highwood along with numerous other parts. I am unable to do so through their email order system. I have also Chris their directly with the only reply that they were having troubles with their email. I have been trying for more than a month with no success! Anyone else experiencing the same difficulties???

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I believe your calling the indicators I’m calling them marker lamps. The euro cars had one on each side ont upper front fenders. In my application I would like to use 4 of these to fill the 4 holes left by my delegating the US indicators
Two different things.
These are side markers (as required on North American spec cars, and yes there were two different versions of these, one recessed and one surface) These light up and do nothing else.

These are indicators, turn signals, blinkers whatever you want to call them. They only come on when the turn signals are on and blink to indicate your intention to change lanes or turn. They aren't even in the same spot as the front side marker.

Since you'll need to weld up the holes left by the US side markers anyway, why not eliminate the side markers completely and add the indicators? Notice the European front turn signals and vents in the nose too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two different things.
These are side markers (as required on North American spec cars, and yes there were two different versions of these, one recessed and one surface) These light up and do nothing else.
View attachment 1673141

These are indicators, turn signals, blinkers whatever you want to call them. They only come on when the turn signals are on and blink to indicate your intention to change lanes or turn. They aren't even in the same spot as the front side marker.
View attachment 1673143

Since you'll need to weld up the holes left by the US side markers anyway, why not eliminate the side markers completely and add the indicators? Notice the European front turn signals and vents in the nose too.
Thank you I was unaware that the euro lamp worked in conjunction with the turn signal only. This may change my plan to use them as side marker lamps. I had planned on only wedding up the screw holes for the side marker (surface mount) not the large hole where the lamp socket is. I had planed to fill the main hole with the euro indicators 🧐. Your thoughts...

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I will measure it this afternoon. It is the Olsa original factory indicators which I was keeping for my GTV6.
In my opinion Alfistaa should be more courteous and wait until my trransaction is set aside.
Cheers, James

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,360 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those side marker lights are mounted in a large hole. How do you plan on filling the hole? Are you planning on retaining the black trim piece and then mounting the square repeater in the circular hole on the trim piece?
I’m trying to get a size of the euro indicator lamp to see if it will fit in the large hole left by deleting the US side marker . If it fits properly I will than weld up the remaining small mounting holes.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
Here is a picture of the rear of the indicator lights similar to the one in your second picture. They require a round hole of 20mm. diameter and a small notch to prevent movement. These are the original factory european lights. Perfect condition, complete with all the installation wiring.
Cheers, James

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a picture of the rear of the indicator lights similar to the one in your second picture. They require a round hole of 20mm. diameter and a small notch to prevent movement. These are the original factory european lights. Perfect condition, complete with all the installation wiring.
Cheers, James
ThanksJames for the measurements I’ll have to get back out to the body shop where my Alfetta is to measure my holes to see if your indicators will work🤔. James is the fit for these just a push in tight tolerance fit or is there a retainer of sorts on the back side? I see you have a 70 GTV! I have a 71 1750 GTV also and on my car I also deleted the US side markers and replaced them with the round euro style. In that application the lamp was a pressure fit that locked into place once the clips reached the back side of the body panel. We are in the middle of a huge snow storm so I might not be able to get out to the car to check the hole size for a few days.
Best regards,
Rick

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
ThanksJames for the measurements I’ll have to get back out to the body shop where my Alfetta is to measure my holes to see if your indicators will work🤔. James is the fit for these just a push in tight tolerance fit or is there a retainer of sorts on the back side? I see you have a 70 GTV! I have a 71 1750 GTV also and on my car I also deleted the US side markers and replaced them with the round euro style. In that application the lamp was a pressure fit that locked into place once the clips reached the back side of the body panel. We are in the middle of a huge snow storm so I might not be able to get out to the car to check the hole size for a few days.
Best regards,
Rick
It is a pressure fit with plastic clips on the back side. There is a notch fitment which prevents the fixture from moving back and forth. The rubber boot in the back also fits very snug against the fender panel for a waterproof fitment. Installation is very simple. These lamps were fitted on European Alfetta as you know.
BTW your storm is expected to arrive in Montreal in a few hours. Be safe, James

1 - 20 of 23 Posts