Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would somebody be so kind as to measure the exterior dimensions of the interior lights of either a GTV6 or and Alfetta (non sedan)? I am going to design a nice set of lamp assemblies and have them 3d printed in tough, modern plastic and wire them up with some soft LEDs.
If anybody else is interested I can post my design and make a batch or two for you guys.
I forgot to take measurements before sending my Alfetta off to winter storage, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Measurement for Interior Light

The exterior measurements are 1 7/16 inches by 2 11/16 inches. This is the outside of the rectangular chrome coated plastic bezel. The inside dimensions (meaning the plastic portion that fits inside the a-pillar by pressure) is 7/8 by 2 1/8 inches. Good luck with your project. I'll be a taker if you can design something that lasts.
Alfisticycling

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If needed, I may have an extra one with broken tangs to use.

If you are going to recreate these via SLA, or other 3D modeling methods, remember that those resins are not as strong as injection molded plastics. Altho, the body of the courtesy lights seem to be made of Styrene, which is too brittle for the task to begin with. The stepped configuration out of the bath, will likely require some hand sanding, as well.

The 4 mounting tangs (snap fingers) are usually the problem. So, if those could be replaced with spring steel, you should have a better design than the originals.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Sounds like a worthy project, good luck and keep us updated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts