Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone I'm currently looking for the rear boot (trunk) lip/spoiler that was an option on some Gtv's mine had one on years ago but was sadly stolen of my car, does anyone know the history of it?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have never seen this spoiler extension before .

Reactions: Renaldo

·
Registered
749 Posts
How many GVT8's were made? less than 20 for the German market only. Commissioned by a German Alfa dealer as far as legend goes. I don't doubt this was a factory option ............... I want one.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You learn something every day. I've been around Alfetta's and taken an interest in them since they were new and I can never recall seeing this before.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How is that a pity? He turned his car into what he wanted it to be, and it's a speed demon. Hell, I still want to put a 260 Ford in mine if the engine goes.
I suppose each to there own, I wouldn't change brands but also Alfa didn't have much of engine choice so it makes sense to fit a motor that has plenty power and easy to obtain

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
17,388 Posts
Small block Chevy engines are very good, one of America's great engines, but he will probably blow the Alfa transaxle apart.

Years ago, I knew an engineer who owned a Ferrari Lusso, a mid 60's two door fastback (used Ferraris in the 60's-70's weren't worth much, as I had a chance to buy a nicely running Lusso for $6k in the early 70's, a slightly smokey SWB 250GTB for $5k. Now both are worth north of a million I guess).

He had put a Chevy engine with an automatic tranny in it, mainly because the Ferrari engine needed work on it and he didn't have the money to have it done, so he found the Chevy engine in a wrecking yard and installed it. Used it as his daily driver.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one off of a Mille Miglia edition. Looks like this one.
I’m looking for that exact spoiler. I have a Mille Miglia. Would you want to sell
It? I have the lid spoiler that started this thread that I won’t be using. Shipping to the gentleman looking for it was expensive.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts