Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oooorch Shucks, Thanks for the kind words Aggie 57 . That video clip is actually Steve Aarons at Philip island in 2013.

In a moment of pure self indulgence here's a couple of photo's of my Alfetta . One showing at an Alfa wash & shine day at Como Park and another going at Sandown racetrack. Both in Melbourne.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Meanwhile back on topic here's a few more you tube clips on Steve Aarons " stunt driving" at Philip island. With the first one in the wet, I was in the car behind a 100 metres or so.. I was scared to watch as it unfolded. He was incredibly lucky not to hit anything. Just lost traction changing gears in the wet. Car spun in a straight line . but managed to stay straight . I remember going pass as he was gathering it up just clapping my hands and screaming for more in astonishment. Nothing he could do, and one of those rare occasions where you let go of the steering wheel and hope for the best until you regain traction.

In the second clip avoiding another car at high speed with a bit of off road . Again just showing how forgiving Alfetta's are.

Steve & his brother Mick in a GTV 6 both have a great library on youtube Neither of then will ever die wondering.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My '76 GTV is rust-free; it is unbelieveable but I know how the previous two owners cared for it. I took the door panels off to replace rubber parts, and there was some sort of wax in the lower reaches protecting the paint. No rust in there atoll. Checked it out thoroughly and left it alone.

Regarding touch up paint I ordered a tube of AR103 Ivory (or, Straw) from www.express paint.com and it didn't match. Truth is I hardly expected it would match 39 year old paint. I had an old tube of Jaguar Tudor White which had yellowed, and it is a much closer match, so that's what I use. I'll bet there's not another Alfetta GTV in the world painted this color, as it was supposed to be used only on the sedan. Regarding the real benefits of boiled linseed oil, go to Solvent Free Paint: Old and new technology in combination for all the information. They claim it is a good rust-proofing for cars. I know fish oil is good, too, if you can find it. Both oils really work their way into the metal.

Now a request - - I am going to air condition this car! (you don't know where I live...) and I need the factory console for the A/C cars, the black enclosure that covers everything and holds the radio, too. None of the guts, just the outside cover. I'm planning to use the modern components from Vintage Air but want to keep it looking stock. Can anyone out there help me find one?

PS: I love this car. I've had a number of older live axle Alfa Romeos and the difference in handling and ride is night and day (but still undeniably Alfa).

Mr. Goose (USA)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts