Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the 'duck tail' style rear spoiler as on the Alfetta Velocissima. This is the one with the two metal braces. I'll try to find a pic.

Condition need not be perfect, but straight and restorable are a must. Thanks!

Cade

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic

Here's an example of the spoiler I'm looking for. Don't know whose car this is, but I like the look - except the color. I'd love to get a couple of these style side vents as well, in case anyone has those.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
they were on a couple of special edition models, mille miglia and the velocissima. i bought a reproduction from alfa ricambi years ago complete w/aluminum supports. they still advertise but i don't know of their scale of operations any more

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - I might be interested if another doesn't work out. I'd really like to get one with all the brackets if possible.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can anyone enlighten me on how to best attach the spoiler that is on the the green car. I have just gotten one for a GTV6 and am curious about the instillation.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I would glue it in period!!! The original hardware will just generate RUST!!! I don't care where you live. The type of Glue is your choise. I'd use a silicone RTV or something like that. I also have a spoiler like the one's shown. Took it off a car I still drive!! OHH the RUST!! Can take a picture if you want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Please take picture. I have one, have not installed it it yet, but my Alfa mechanic said to glue it, not to screw it on.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just talked to my Alfa Mechanic ( he has one of these on his 3 liter race car) and he has it screwed on at the end of the struts with a rubber grommet to prevent corrosion. Then use glue or 3m tape on the fiberglass part. I will try to post photos of my procedure.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
OK I'll post these pictures but remember this is my winter beater so NO COMMENTS PLEASE!! She's only got 1 more Vermont winter to go. She's already had 3.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone else know where to get one of these spoilers?
I am very interested in one!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have the rear fender flares......not cheap to buy or ship!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts