Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello has anyone have a working alfetta 2000 gtv column switch there willing to sell. Thanks

·
Push hard and live
9,368 Posts
Hmmmm. I’m awaiting a replacement column switch for a 78 Alfetta SV. The one in my car is not the same as in the various 105s and 115s I’ve recently worked on. Plus, the 105/115 switches have two variants - two headlight and four headlight. A Spider has two HL, and the Alfetta has four.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmmmm. I’m awaiting a replacement column switch for a 78 Alfetta SV. The one in my car is not the same as in the various 105s and 115s I’ve recently worked on. Plus, the 105/115 switches have two variants - two headlight and four headlight. A Spider has two HL, and the Alfetta has four.
I'm afraid you are mistaken. The number of headlights is irrelevant to whether they will work or not. The stock assembly is also made by the same manufacturer, has the same harness, and is built the exact same as the one for the Alfetta

·
Push hard and live
9,368 Posts
Welllll. I've got a 78 Alfetta sitting 4 feet from a 77 Spider. Both steering clam shells are removed to allow me to work up in there. Ain't the same switches.

If the four-headlight switch and two headlight switches for the 105/115 are identical, why do all of the aftermarket vendors stock two switches?

The most obvious difference that I'm looking at at this moment is my Alfetta has a three-stalk switch, whereas the Spider has a two stalk.

The first two pictures below are for Alfettas. They list what appears to be a two-stalk and a three-stalk switch. One is for a "2000", the other for a "2.0". Not sure how you'd know which was which exxept by counting the stalks. Both of the switches for the Alfetta carry a 116 part number, but it is possible that the earlier 105.48 part number was superseded. Nevertheless, the cars in my garage demonstrate the two are are not always the same. Maybe there are Alfettas that can use the two-stalk, but I'd make sure before ordering.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I bought two new Alfetta Sedans one in 1977 and the other in 1979. I still have parts for both cars and might have a light switch. I have owned eleven Alfas and light switches are not the same. I would recommend call Larry Dickman at Alfa Parts Exchange and he might have a switch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Okay what is the cost of it if it's the same??
I didn't notice you were in Australia, I'll have to double check if I can get it there for a reasonable price and hassle free. I also don't know if the Australian models have different stock styles or not. I'll PM you some pictures so you can double check

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welllll. I've got a 78 Alfetta sitting 4 feet from a 77 Spider. Both steering clam shells are removed to allow me to work up in there. Ain't the same switches.

If the four-headlight switch and two headlight switches for the 105/115 are identical, why do all of the aftermarket vendors stock two switches?

The most obvious difference that I'm looking at at this moment is my Alfetta has a three-stalk switch, whereas the Spider has a two stalk.

The first two pictures below are for Alfettas. They list what appears to be a two-stalk and a three-stalk switch. One is for a "2000", the other for a "2.0". Not sure how you'd know which was which exxept by counting the stalks. Both of the switches for the Alfetta carry a 116 part number, but it is possible that the earlier 105.48 part number was superseded. Nevertheless, the cars in my garage demonstrate the two are are not always the same. Maybe there are Alfettas that can use the two-stalk, but I'd make sure before ordering.
There is always the possibility that the guy I got it from mislabeled it or that they switched the stock style between years

1 - 9 of 9 Posts