Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, the car has seen better days! i have checked iap and they only have the middle donut...

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Try Centerline Alfa or Italian Car Parts

Depends on how much you plan to 'rebuild' but Centerline sometimes has some good deals if you order a complete rebuild package like engine or suspension....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked both sites and it seems like they dont have the front and back donuts... hmm

the car is in good condition and the engines fine its just been sitting so it needs some tuning, most of the stuff is cosmetic

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
eb spares in UK should have them

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,716 Posts
Call Jon Norman at Alfa Parts in Berkeley. If he can't get them, nobody can.

John also campaigns a seriously fast Alfa GTV, learn as much as you can from him without pissing him off.

Let me know if you guys decide to sell the Alfetta, I'd be interested in buying it. But honestly I'd focus on making it reliable and going out and working on your driving.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright i'll ask my dad to call him. do you guys think itll be better to turn this car into a full race car and gut it out or keep it original, as it is now? thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
just get the car to a good condition, then have some fun in it, that will get ur driving up to scratch and help you decide what mods to do (there are many) to make a good track/race car.
cheers, brad

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Wow. That is awesome.

I would seek out the race/other history of the car...methinks that car has had quite some time on the track judging by the stickers.
If you find old photos and documentation of the car you should keep it as-raced!

There are probably few remaining Alfetta cars like yours which haven't been seriously updated/modified to continue racing, or rusted/wrecked to pieces. Keep the patina! Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,716 Posts
Wow. That is awesome.

I would seek out the race/other history of the car...methinks that car has had quite some time on the track judging by the stickers.
If you find old photos and documentation of the car you should keep it as-raced!

There are probably few remaining Alfetta cars like yours which haven't been seriously updated/modified to continue racing, or rusted/wrecked to pieces. Keep the patina! Enjoy it.
I agree, make it run and go drive it. Focus on your driving skills first, trust me it's the best thing anyone can do, especially when you're less experienced.

I also agree that if you go to sell it, selling it as raced will make it worth more.

Someday you should consider pulling off the bumpers as they weight a lot, but to start I'd actually leave them on to prevent any minor mishaps.

Have fun and be safe!

Ian

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Drive line

Your other option is to update the car to the later '78-'79 drive shaft. You have the change the yoke on the clutch and still use the early center support bearing but at least the donuts are available and a whole lot cheaper.
PM me if you would like to know what we have done to make our Lemons Alfetta handle.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@alfaguy35 sounds like a very interesting idea... is it a hassle to swap drive shafts? is it a pricey upgrade? i would love to know more about this

@archeologist after thinking about it, i do agree that i should focus on my short term goal of getting the car running and racing. from there we will decide whether to keep it original or change it up a bit

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Drive shaft upgrade

I managed to find a complete driveshaft for $30.00 and I think the flange was another $20.00 I had to replace all the donuts still but overall it was cheaper than buying the early style donuts.
Depending on what happens with our Lemons car I may have the complete set up for sale very soon. We rebuilt our shaft a couple of years ago and all the donuts still are in good shape.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts