Alfa Romeo Forums banner
121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
FYI, POR-15 has a fuel tank cleaning kit that I have used a few times. Works well. A tight and sorted Alfetta is a joy to drive. Good luck with your work.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Thanks Andy - I hope to experience driving soon. Probably a long way off from "tight and sorted". Mobile and functional is the first objective! :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Like I need this...
Was talking with the neighbor who hays our back field. Last several years he has contracted it out. Was wondering if his tractor could run a small square baler. he said "Sure it can, I've considered a baler before". Well, on-line auctions can be dangerous:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Green Vehicle

I'm now the proud owner of a Deere 14T. Needs tires, but otherwise looks like it will run. $310. I'll need to go through it before the end of June when we will cut hay. Alfetta running and driving is still higher priority. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
No - I'm pretty sure it is a "Normale" Or even slower!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
The needles are good and the rest of the knotting mechanism looks decent - I want to learn how that all works together. We can get two cuttings, but my field has issues with foxtail that I have been trying to resolve. Once the foxtail heads out, it is not good for horse feed. So far we have one cutting in late June / July and then I keep it mowed off for the late summer.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Weekend update. Rocky now has clutch action. I was able to move it forward and back under its own power. Woo Hoo!! Brakes and Exhaust and then road tests start.

Here are some photos of the one-man transmission / De Dion install. The little Amish wagon is a great tool for positioning. Then just jack the wagon axles up to the correct height. Only miss-step was attaching the drive axles before inserting the springs (axles won't let the De Dion fall enough to insert springs).

View attachment 1733152

View attachment 1733156
Hi Mark

looks like you’re making good progress.

When you get a free moment, you think you can take a measurement for me from the wheel mount flange faces?

I’m curious if the dedion could be adapted to a monte..

Warm regards
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Hi Davbert,
I certainly can take the measurement for you - but may be a few weeks. The rear of the car is back on the ground with wheels on. Waiting for front rotors. Quite possible someone among the crew here will grab the dimension before I get to it - fine by me :)

I do know that all the De-Dions are essentially the same, Alfetta, GTV6 and Milano. Drive hubs are different between the 4 and 5 lug cars, but I believe interchangeable. You would need to re-drill at a minimum for a Monte - I think they use the 105 / 115 bolt circle, not the 98mm of the 116s.

Reactions: davbert

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,114 Posts
Since I have a few laying around I went to measure, 56 3/4 inches or 1442mm. Mine are off 6 cylinder cars but I believe they are the same as the Alfetta. I least that’s what I remember from swapping the 5 lug into my race car.

Reactions: davbert

·
Administrator
17,273 Posts
I think a DeDion would be easy to adapt to any 105/115 series chassis, but maybe not the 116 one. I wouldn't install the A frame 116 thing, but just the cross tube and 3 link it plus add the Watts link. Top centre link clearance could be a challenge, so might have to 4 link it which means modifying the floor of the car for equal lengths or loose that axle twist flexibility :(

Pete

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Yeah - I work for Exmark / Toro and kind of feel bad having a green piece of equipment. :)

Reactions: goats

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I think a DeDion would be easy to adapt to any 105/115 series chassis, but maybe not the 116 one. I wouldn't install the A frame 116 thing, but just the cross tube and 3 link it plus add the Watts link. Top centre link clearance could be a challenge, so might have to 4 link it which means modifying the floor of the car for equal lengths or loose that axle twist flexibility :(

Pete
Yes you can do that but that’s akin to putting in a LS1 for more power isn’t it? 😉

you can keep it mostly alfa if you used a the alfa Sei Diff instead of the alfetta transaxle

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Still waiting for front rotors to show. Did get the baler to turn over by hand - everything appears to be in time and functional. You think a SPICA pump is complex? The knotters are an amazing piece of equipment. Once I get twine in it, I'll capture some video.

Deep cleaned the wife's car for Mother's day too. :)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Rocky LIves!

Rotors arrived and look awesome. Only have front portion of the old master cylinder working, so only front brakes, but it runs and drives. Shifts well. Has a bunch of vibration because the tires are visibly flat spotted. Next step is insurance and plates to make the test runs a little more legal. :)

I'll figure out how to post video and share that soon.

Reactions: vintagemilano

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
you have Rocky and I guess I'll name mine Bullwinkle. Seems fitting , a moose wearing gloves while quoting Edwardian poetry? Can;t wait to see your video!

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Rocky LIves!

Rotors arrived and look awesome. Only have front portion of the old master cylinder working, so only front brakes, but it runs and drives. Shifts well. Has a bunch of vibration because the tires are visibly flat spotted. Next step is insurance and plates to make the test runs a little more legal. :)

I'll figure out how to post video and share that soon.
I’m jealous you can just go get insurance and plates. I have two cars just sitting because of that. I need to pick red or white and just paint all my Alfa’s one colour so I can swap plates, unlikely anyone would notice....

121 - 140 of 149 Posts