Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anybody know what the knob to the left of the clock is? I wanna say Mille Miglia Alfettas also came with rectangular Cibie fog lights, so maybe that is the switch for them? Or perhaps rear wiper switch?
My '79 MM has the same knob (seemingly broken), but instead of being on the wood part, it is slightly below.

Here is the clock from my car. Before I removed it from the dash, it perpetually displayed "00:02"
Its a Korean made Audiovox Model LED-76. I have no reason to believe it is not original to the car, though it is mounted pretty crooked in the plastic surround. It looks to be the same unit as yours.

Hand Digital camera Finger Gadget Wrist

Finger Circuit component Wood Font Technology

Hand Wood Gesture Finger Rectangle

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to dwell on the interior, but I'm pretty fascinated by all the differences.

I guess the MM Edition and Velocissima were dealer installed accessory packs and different dealers had different ideas of where things should go?

Here is the switch and clock placement on my '79 MM. My foglight switch is mounted to a plastic angle piece.

I'm assuming the Holley knob is an aftermarket choke, while the handle labeled "Throttle" would be the stock cold start mechanism? My car had the SPICA replaced by a rack of Dellorto DHLA 40s at some point.

Ok, I'm done hijacking the thread, I promise.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ha, once again different. Thanks for the Photo.
My AC controls look just like yours.

Just noticed my Holley choke knob is in the exact same spot as what looks like a gauge backlight dimmer on your car. Even seems to have the same plastic surround.

What model Blaupunkt stereo do you have? I have a modern Alpine head unit, but I'd like to put mine back to original. Are your speakers Pioneer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m lucky to have the rear spoiler, an upper spoiler (?) from a Velocissima, and a full set of NOS MM badging never used. ( thanks Jim Tyson! )
Nice! I'd be curious to see what the NOS badges look like, I just repainted mine with Testors model enamel and I'd like to know if I got close on the colors B)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm in need of the same repaint on my badges. Can you tell me what Testors colors you used?
Sure thing, I used: 1169TT Flat Yellow, 1164TT Flat Green, 1150TT Flat Red, 1149TT Flat Black, then I clear coated it with Testors High Gloss Spray Enamel 1814T. Use light coats with the spray clear, I think it softens the enamel underneath slightly so if you use too much you'll end up with a really lumpy finish.

Compared to the photos of the NOS badges, its not really the same color shades as used originally. I guess that's artistic license, looks good to me anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts