Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Alfa sold three special Alfetta GT versions in the USA;first-the Mario Andretti edition,then the Mille Miglia and lastly the Velocissima. This particular Alfetta is the Mille Miglia version. From the factory the special parts were;rear wiper/washer; rear flying buttress spoiler;Quadrafoglio cloisonne badges on the external C pillar;14" Ronal A-1 wheels;a digital clock on the dash and 3 Mille Miglia badges. There were no mechanical upgrades. I believe they made 500 Mille Miglia editions. Good luck with your efforts to revive your Alfetta. I've parted out 5 or 6 of them and have lots of spare bits if you find yourself looking for parts.

I’m a sucker for the these MM badged cars. I don’t remember what the digital clock looked like? Where was it located…. Anyone have a pic ?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Not aftermarket, in that it was installed as part of the MM package. It's a Borg, if memory serves.
Well the origins are generic aftermarket for sure, but they did officially come on alfa MM’s as factory spec as you mentioned

Here’s nos cheap for you guys that want a spare…

folks had these on RV’s too with their CB radios 😊

Product Automotive tire Font Liquid Box

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Weekend update. Rocky now has clutch action. I was able to move it forward and back under its own power. Woo Hoo!! Brakes and Exhaust and then road tests start.

Here are some photos of the one-man transmission / De Dion install. The little Amish wagon is a great tool for positioning. Then just jack the wagon axles up to the correct height. Only miss-step was attaching the drive axles before inserting the springs (axles won't let the De Dion fall enough to insert springs).

View attachment 1733152

View attachment 1733156
Hi Mark

looks like you’re making good progress.

When you get a free moment, you think you can take a measurement for me from the wheel mount flange faces?

I’m curious if the dedion could be adapted to a monte..

Warm regards
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think a DeDion would be easy to adapt to any 105/115 series chassis, but maybe not the 116 one. I wouldn't install the A frame 116 thing, but just the cross tube and 3 link it plus add the Watts link. Top centre link clearance could be a challenge, so might have to 4 link it which means modifying the floor of the car for equal lengths or loose that axle twist flexibility :(

Pete
Yes you can do that but that’s akin to putting in a LS1 for more power isn’t it? 😉

you can keep it mostly alfa if you used a the alfa Sei Diff instead of the alfetta transaxle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts