Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Cool project. Be very careful with the sunroof. Those handles are known to break and are hens teeth.

Reactions: 1978alfa

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
The Mille Miglia sunroofs are actually different than the standard Alfetta/GTV-6 ones, as was mentioned a couple posts ago. They have a totally different mechanism and handle - they crank open rather than sliding. Replacement handles can be fairly easily sourced, since they were fairly common on a bunch of cars of that era. I bought a replacement for my Mille Miglia recently for about $30 on eBay. The one I bought was being sold as a part for a BMW 3-series, if I recall correctly.

Here's what they look like:
View attachment 1703797
Thanks for that. I wasn’t aware it cross referenced.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Interesting on how different mine is. I believe dealer installed. Still works.
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Auto part
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive fuel system Gas
Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Auto part

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
And if you can coach me on why some pictures post twice I’ll gladly listen.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
That’s the wiper switch. My fog light switch is here. Oh and thanks for reminding me that’s one more thing to add to the list. :) Mine have cracked lenses and were In the trunk. I’ll probably go with round, I just like that look more.
Fixture Car Family car Electric blue Auto part
Vehicle Hood Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
I’d replace that chain.
Sorry to dwell on the interior, but I'm pretty fascinated by all the differences.

I guess the MM Edition and Velocissima were dealer installed accessory packs and different dealers had different ideas of where things should go?

Here is the switch and clock placement on my '79 MM. My foglight switch is mounted to a plastic angle piece.

I'm assuming the Holley knob is an aftermarket choke, while the handle labeled "Throttle" would be the stock cold start mechanism? My car had the SPICA replaced by a rack of Dellorto DHLA 40s at some point.

Ok, I'm done hijacking the thread, I promise.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The cold start is a solenoid. The hand throttle is simply that. The owners manual says after starting you can use the hand throttle to adjust the rpm. It can be used as a crude cruise control but there is no brake defeat so at your own risk….

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Mark, could you post a picture of your A/C control? I’d just be interested in the how it compares to mine since as you mentioned it seems dealers installed things in their unique way.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
My AC controls look just like yours.

Just noticed my Holley choke knob is in the exact same spot as what looks like a gauge backlight dimmer on your car. Even seems to have the same plastic surround.

What model Blaupunkt stereo do you have? I have a modern Alpine head unit, but I'd like to put mine back to original. Are your speakers Pioneer?
I was wondering about your choke knob. I thought it fit awfully well for a owner addition.

Not sure on the Blaupunkt model, not near the car right now.
99% sure the speakers are Pioneer. Can update on both this weekend.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Interesting to note that the top dash vents on your car are different too. Mine are the GTV6 style that can be "closed". Looks like you have control of that via the heater control.
My vents can be rotated but not closed.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Well I’m glad that ended. It’s a cool thread to compare these cars. IMO the first models are always the purest representation of what the designer had in mind. Then you get special models, updates etc. And in the US we got saddled with “safety” add on’s. Side markers and the bumpers we all love. Still interesting to compare now that so few originals exist.

·
Registered
1979 Alfetta MM
2,115 Posts
Since I have a few laying around I went to measure, 56 3/4 inches or 1442mm. Mine are off 6 cylinder cars but I believe they are the same as the Alfetta. I least that’s what I remember from swapping the 5 lug into my race car.

Reactions: davbert
1 - 15 of 15 Posts