Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I've added one more Alfa to the collection to keep my 79 GTV Alfetta group S company.

The new one is a 76 Alfetta GT that I spotted on EBAY recently and the pics can be seen here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320133133543&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11

My plan is to use it as a weekender and keep it in its orginal state (except for a set of 17 inch simmons FR rims that I have tucked away for a rainy day).

I always wanted a silver GT so must have been fate as the chances of finding one relatively rust free is becomeing a challenge. Apparently it was orginally from Melb, does anyone know this car?

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
Drooling here from the other side of the pond...
Hope it's as nice in person as it looks in the pics - silver is perhaps the best color on these (well...I actually like the color of mine too :D).

·
Registered
750 Posts
Congrats - Very nice! I wouldn't even think about throwing different wheels on it myself - those are great looking period wheels.

GV

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah I hope so too, I don't even see it in person till the weekend, can't wait.

As for the wheels, I guess i am in the lucky position where I have 2 sets of rims so I can run which ever looks best, depending on my mood! The 17s will look better (I have dummie fitted them on my other Alfetta and they looks great) but the smaller rims will be better for handling/ guard clearance.

I plan to paint bits and peices in the engine bay and give it a general tidy up, replain bumper black strips etc. Just to get it looking 100% tidy. I've always wanted a GT ever since I was a kid, so I am really happy to pick one up at a reasonable price, although a bit more than what ebay ended at....but not too bad. At the end of the day, whats a few dollars when you just can't find them any mroe?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
She's beautiful. Same color as my '78. Nice steering wheel and an exceptional interior to boot. Nice to find one that's been kept well. Enjoy! -Clark

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah thanks, I'm glad people still like the alfettas, I'm 6 foot six so 105's although nice, are not built for me, I can fit into an alfetta...just. I had my race alfetta driving position lowered to allow me to fit with a helmut!

The car has reciepts back to 1989, which is nice, would have been better back to day dot....maybe it had 10+ years of trouble free driving....doubt it!

I will post some better pictures once I have it in my grubby mits, might have to post my Alfetta group s car as that is starting to take shape now with a pace engine being built, cage welded in etc.

So anyone know this GT I have just bought? comeing from qlnd used to be in VIC.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Great buy! I was keeping an eye on that auction, that has to be the best GT i have seen come up for sale in yonks.

I think the FR's will look great, they always seem to suit older cars, i guess thats why the early rotary boys like em so much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts