Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing the full exhaust system on the Alfetta. Most of the exhaust came apart easily except for the rear section that runs over the rear suspension. I tried to remove in one piece but was unable to remove the rear section without cutting out.
Is there a trick to remove the rear section? Does the car have to be up on a lift?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I try and install the replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
If you have the rear of the car elevated, you can remove the rear section intact. It requires a it of maneuvering and twisting to get it out, but it can be done.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mmm. You know what? When I did it, the car was jacked in the rear by the jacking points on the body, thus the DeDion hung down. Maybe this gave me more room without realizing it? It did take some "how-to-get-the-couch-down-the-spiral-staircase" thinking though.

Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I have the car on drive up ramps so the de Dion tube is not hanging down. I will lift on jack points instead and give it a try.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The halfshaft is the shaft that extends from the gearbox to the rear wheels. It has a CV joint at each end. I just remove the screws around each end and it gives you lots of room.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts