Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the above on the bench with plans to cut, bend and weld. I purchased the RSR adjustable springs, perches and watts linkage to replace the OEM parts., These parts are of the highest quality. How do determine 12 o'clock next to the hubs to know where top is. Thoughts on degrees negative for street and track days? Thanks!

·
Richard Jemison
7,381 Posts
The deDion tube is flexible. Higher loadings from wider & sticky tires will result in camber changes that have to be addressed. Years ago I posted significant info on these modifications the most revelant is a brace from end to end (bearing carriers) of the cross tube with brackets welded every 10" or so. A "ladder brace" for lack of better term.
Search for the old thread it has pics

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The deDion tube is flexible. Higher loadings from wider & sticky tires will result in camber changes that have to be addressed. Years ago I posted significant info on these modifications the most revelant is a brace from end to end (bearing carriers) of the cross tube with brackets welded every 10" or so. A "ladder brace" for lack of better term.
Search for the old thread it has pics
Ok and thanks Richard!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Not sure. I did my measurements with it on the car, weight on the wheels.
Im Guessing the stock spring perches would be perpendicular to to ground, so use those as a level line?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure. I did my measurements with it on the car, weight on the wheels.
Im Guessing the stock spring perches would be perpendicular to to ground, so use those as a level line?
Smart. I've been in contact with Ron Simons (what a cool guy). Sounds like toe is the tricky part of this. Any variance, or minute of arc deflection from zero degrees vertical will increase or decrease toe. I would buy the Bianci and Kopp if I could find one. Do any of you think that there is a market for an item like this if I were to put it into production? One design change would be to leave the brakes location alone and leave them inboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts