Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I thought I had a new cowl panel for my Alfetta GT. When I took it to the body shop today, we found it wasn't a good match - maybe it's from a sedan? Anyway, that leaves me in need of one of these - any of you have suggestions as to where I might find one? Or even better, got one collecting dust that you could sell/trade me? I've checked the websites for centerline, alfa parts, iap, wolf steel, and reoriginals.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Cowl panel

Chris,

Our '79 Alfetta Sprint Veloce is going to retire after this next race in 2 weeks. The car has no rust around the windshield. Would this work for you?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Retire? Aww, that's too bad. Larry, who's doing the body work, is more interested in getting a new panel if possible... that said, if I'm unable to find something NOS or repro, used might be my only option. It just seems like a tricky part to remove cleanly.

Yes, mine is rusting through. Oddly enough, it's clean around the rest of the windshield, just the cowl panel is rusted.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have a brand new one ready to put on your car! PM me and we'll work something out.

Paul

Attachments

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Very nice! However it seems to be from a GTV6. After 1980 Alfa put a raised plastic vent in the cowl. It's always nice to see new OEM parts. Maybe the steel vents can be welded in place. Voila!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
****... your right now I look at it. Oh well.

Paul

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately my vents are corroded, so cutting and pasting won't work....

Anybody know the Italian word for cowl panel? Trying to see what the tipping point is between shipping one from there and having Larry patch in a used one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi

Bob from Alfa Panels in the UK makes a fibreglass cowl panel for an Alfetta. This would be for a RH drive car so I suppose the holes for the wiper spindles will be on the wrong side if you are in the US.

I've been told that the flexing in the body will make any paint work on this panel, if in fibreglass, craz and so its better to get one made in steel.

If you find some one who is selling these panels please post as I am looking for one to. I've also heard these panels refered to as a "wiper scuttle" panel.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wes and italcarnut, please PM me with when you could get me your respective cowls and how much you'd like for them... sooner is definitely better for me, since the body work is already started.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts