Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a proud member of AROC. I downloaded the "Concours Manual" for the Alfetta GT, Sprint and GTV-6, I guess we are all in the same class?, I have not entered a Concours before. My car a, 76 Alffeta GT is very nice, but might get a 40 or so on the Concours scale, mostly because of model upgrades, not custom stuff, I know 95 qualifies you for nationals, but what does it take to win most events???

Educate me for August Concorso Italiano in Monterey,

ncng

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Hit up BB'r "touringspider" he's been a judge for many events, and he also happens to own a nice Alfetta GT.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yes, I wrote the AROC Concours manual. All of the 116 series coupes (Alfetta GT, GTV-6) are in the same class, but sedans are often classed with the Milanos. At an AROC event, classes can get combined if there are not enough entrants. PM me with questions.

BTW, Concorso Italiano is NOT an AROC event and does not follow AROC-USA judging rules to my knowledge. You need to contact the organizers to see how they do things.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I wrote the AROC Concours manual. All of the 116 series coupes (Alfetta GT, GTV-6) are in the same class, but sedans are often classed with the Milanos. At an AROC event, classes can get combined if there are not enough entrants. PM me with questions.

BTW, Concorso Italiano is NOT an AROC event and does not follow AROC-USA judging rules to my knowledge. You need to contact the organizers to see how they do things.
I love my Alfetta GT, my second, although I am not really a car show judging guy, I don't think, I am very competitive, never have done it, I read your manual cover to cover, my car is not pimped out, but as and example, rear boot carpet for walls and battery wheel cover has been replaced (slight upgrade), OEM white stained headliner has been replaced with black "snake bite" headliner, OEM style except color. US California car, built 1/76, registered in CA as a 77, all the smog stuff on, but Euro bumpers with front rally style above bumper fog lights. Any advice, yes going to Concorso, can't make Lexington this year.

ncng

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Arno, have you ever seen the AROSC concours rules? I believe there is (finally) a new concours chairman who said the rules would be changed.

One rule is (or was) that there should be no noticeable grease on hinges, but they should be lubricated. Another is that the transmission and differential should be original to the car - as in matching numbers (good luck on that).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts