Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few special shaped foam pads which appear to perform some kind of sealing or cushioning function around the base of the fuel filler tube on Alfetta saloons. Part number is 116.00.32.136.00 and I have five of them. I imagine these to be the kind of thing which crumbled to dust years ago. £20 GBP each plus shipping? Please email/PM me if interested, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Speak now or these are going to become victims of my impending Alfetta parts recycling massacre.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
They might work in GTV-6's and milanos since the tanks are pretty much the same way.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's going to sound like a stupid question, but could you explain their function? Coming from the 105 world, some things are a mystery to me whatever the parts book says.

·
Premium Member
4,514 Posts
They go around the outflow fitting on the body of the tank to seal between the body and the tank. The tanks are bolted in the trunk and while close to the bottom of the trunk they do not actually sit on the trunk. The seal will keep air, water and dirt out of the trunk.

·
Registered
491 Posts
They go around the outflow fitting on the body of the tank to seal between the body and the tank. The tanks are bolted in the trunk and while close to the bottom of the trunk they do not actually sit on the trunk. The seal will keep air, water and dirt out of the trunk.
These on the photos look rather like filler neck seals for European (m.b. Australian too?) sedans (Fetta/90/75) where the tank is bolted under the trunk floor. The shape (flat, then thickening at one side) just follows the floor profile; the small diagonal cut is to clear the wheel arch.

Look for #8 here:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts