Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alfetta or GTV6 Front Wiper Cowl

Looking for an Alfetta GT or GTV6 wiper cowl piece (sheet metal). Please PM me if you have either for sale as well as asking price.

Thank you!
GT

·
Registered
993 Posts
Hi,

I just went through this and ended up getting a used piece from 69gtam (aka Giuseppe, of the thread "any alfa part i've got it"). It was pretty hard to find... I did start a thread a few months back that might give you some leads - various people replied saying they had one, but the deal didn't work out for one reason or another. IIRC they had the GTV6 ones at APE.

I actually had a factory cowl piece which looked somewhat like the correct piece, but turned out to be wrong (too narrow from windshield to hood, I believe). My assumption is the Alfetta GTs didn't change over the 5 years they were offered here, so it would probably be wrong for your car as well.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help some more. Unless the vent grills or some of the other more complex curvy bits are rusted out like mine were, you may be better off just patching it (since it's welded instead of a bolt-in piece).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Greetings, I have an 86 gtv6 that I am cutting apart in the next couple of weeks, as far as I know that piece is in good shape. If you can send me the dimensions of the part the you are replacing, I can verify that my part will fit!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reference; however, the one for sale is for an Alfetta sedan. Just realized my photo is also wrong as it should be for an Alfetta GT or GTV6.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I still have one on my soon to be cut up 86 GTV6, make me an offer, if you still need one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts