Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of new flex discs, mine are completely shot. The car is a 1976 GT, made in November of 1975, in case that matters.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Have you tried Centerline?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried Centerline?
Yes, 2 of the 3 are out of stock and I know for a fact that they take forever to restock stuff. I've been waiting for probably a year for brake discs to be back in stock. I bought new Brembo's instead because I was sick of waiting. The rotors still aren't in stock.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a rear 75-76 before they changed the rear one sometime mid 76.old and original pirelli.rubber seems fine.$40
20200419_174629.jpg
plus shipping unfortunately no PayPal. Let me know

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My old man said use what's on there right now. Basically I'm being forced to wait until my driveshaft blows to smithereens to replace them. Hooray for the demolition of my mint floor. My current ones are significantly worse then this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone got a set they'd be willing to give up for $100 shipped? I know that's a stupid question but it's about the only way my old man would let me get them

·
Registered
2,125 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you try Jon Norman? ALFA PARTS - Alfa Romeo Parts, Spares, Accessories 800-890-ALFA Or DiFatta Bros? Di Fatta Brothers | Alfa Romeo Parts | Fiat Parts

Here are all of the Guibo parts numbers. Alfa-Service Maybe you can cross-reference the numbers and find them from a non-Alfa source.

I doubt you're going to find a set for $100 but whatever the cost, it will be less expensive than fixing your car if one of those lets loose. I don't think I would drive around the block with that one.
I'll check them out. And I know $100 for a full set is ridiculous, that's why I said it was a dumb question. I can't find a rear giubo for under $130

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Here's a list of Alfa parts suppliers.
Alfettas are popular in Germany, Holland and the UK so you may have better luck overseas with these.
Good luck and I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Front and center on ebay:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Here's the rear one in Germany.
They're pricey and hard to find.

·
Premium Member
4,528 Posts
My old man said use what's on there right now. Basically I'm being forced to wait until my driveshaft blows to smithereens to replace them. Hooray for the demolition of my mint floor. My current ones are significantly worse then this.
View attachment 1623290
Looking at your picture. Your donuts are the later steel insert. Not the aluminum ones that are being posted.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
@ Tasteless, post pictures of what is on your car.
'75's and '76's had the early flex disks with the aluminum and steel inserts, like the first picture.
Alfa changed the prop shaft design in 1976 so early '76 cars had the early disks while
later 1976 - 1979 cars had the later style with stamped steel inserts.
Jim, correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts