Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where one might find an accelerator pedal grommet for the Alfetta?

A search of many of the usual sources proved futile.

The Alfetta Short Spare Parts Catalog - USA Version - #2462 has it as 116505022500 (607293540) although a previous catalog #2273 has it as 11600502250 (60724332). Not sure of the discrepancy but let's assume the first, more recent number is correct. The grommet in question is #82.

If NLA, does anyone have a good alternative. Centerline sells them for the 105/115 but the flange area is different with four holes instead of three. Maybe a little 'touch up' with an Exacto knife and a hole punch would do the trick.

Thanks,
Gerry

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this what you are looking for?
Yes, it appears so. Thanks for that find.

So far, misterfiat is 1/1 in satisfied customers. Would still need to hole punch the mounting holes, but that's really not an issue. Curious that the ad shows a second grommet that is not shown in the parts catalog. The lengthy turnaround(~1month) and price aren't too appealing, though with NLA stuff one must adjust one's expectations.

Anyone have any other suggestions, one that is more readily available?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
I have dealt w/mr fiat before. very good email contact. good products. yes, a bit pricey....

My Alfetta throttle firewall hole is just a small tube and it comes out just above the brake pedal booster and towards the passenger side......

It does not have any grommet.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Alfetta throttle firewall hole is just a small tube and it comes out just above the brake pedal booster and towards the passenger side......
It does not have any grommet.
Yes, perhaps you refer to the cable for the hand throttle. I'm in need of the grommet behind the accelerator pedal.
Old, hard, deteriorated . . . and mostly missing.:p
Surprised it's not more of an issue in 30+ year old cars . . . constantly exposed to engine/exhaust heat.

From the engine bay . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A better question: Has anyone actually replaced this seal?

Nice find Eric, thanks.

However over the last few days while busy with other tasks, I've pondered, "Has anyone actually ever replaced this seal on the Alfetta". The reason I ask is that the throttle linkage rod connecting from accelerator pedal on one end to the bell crank on the other, is welded on both ends. Wonderful no? On other models (Spiders, etc.), I have seen the rod connected to the pedal by means of screws. Nice. Apparently in the case of the Alfetta, the welds at the pedal will need to be ground away and rewelded (or screwed) following seal replacement. Lovely. Still on the plate but other issues have taken precedence. Will post the eventual outcome. Thanks to all for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts