Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 77 GTV that's due for a shaft rebuild. I have a spare shaft from a 79, will it fit ? I have all new donuts, center support with bearing. Also I understand the center support may not fit due to attach point hole spaceing on the support, True/false ? I have always had John's Alfa LA do my under work but I would like to preform the rebuild myself.

jetsetrj

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
If the shafts have the same style flex disks, late 1977, you're in business. As well, the shaft must be from the same car, a coupe or a sedan. The sedan is different length than the GT. The center mount will be the only difference. If not, you'll need the later style yolk for your transaxle. I've got a spare 78 yolk if you need one. The flywheel bolts are the same from '75 - '79 year models. I had a 1975 GT and I put a 1978 driveshaft in it and it just felt more solid. Plus, you can't find early style front flex disks anywhere. If your car has the early style bell housing with the straight shaft clutch assembly, you may want to put the later tapered shaft assembly in.

-Clark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts