Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help finding a throttle pressure cable. My auto alfetta has been sitting for a little bit and I want to get it going. I’m not exactly sure what I can do to fix this kind of problem on a damaged cable, but I figured I’d get on here and ask around.. if anyone has advice I’d really appreciate it. All I need is the kickdown-cable. 🙁

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the one i have is all chewed up up looking but I need to find a way to duplicate one of the same material

·
Registered
1976 Alfetta GT, 2018 Giulia Sport
1,756 Posts
Yes try the bike shop. They have the equip to cut and attach the ends to whatever.
BUT don't tell them it is for a fancy I-Talian car. My price was $4 for a throttle cable fix, told them it was for an Alfa, price went up to $34 !!

Reactions: TomSperow

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Look for a clutch cable off of a motorcycle, they are more heavy duty than a bicycle one. Some hardware stores have cable by the roll.

How long is the cable?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I agree that you should try to find a motorcycle shop and see if they can make a cable using your fittings.

Our latest Lemons Rally project car is a Rover P6 3500 with auto trans, and I rigged up a kick down cable and linkage using a Lokar kit for a Chevy, and the actual cable was a hood release cable from a BMW E38 7-series that I found at my shop.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Is your Alfetta a fuel injected USA version? That doesn't look like any Alfetta cable I've seen. The SPICA FI cable is much shorter. If that's the case, I have a spare.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Not many of us HAVE seen that cable. It's the throttle valve cable for an auto trans.
I wonder if Larry at APES has one...

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
If you are near a major city there should be a company that makes cables. I had a handbrake cable made up for my '67 Giulia in Sydney... i took my old one in, they reused original fittings on a modern cable, works perfectly. Maybe ring up a local race / performance workshop, they should be able to put you onto someone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts