Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, Anyone know the correct size and part number of an AC belt for an Alfetta GTV with a York compressor layout? Compressor on top, alternator in original position. Mine is so beat up, I can't read the numbers.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I think that's the way to go. I have a 6 inch chunk missing and thought someone may have a Gates or Goodyear number. I have an engine that I will be fitting into my Alfetta and am trying to find parts needed before I do the swap.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
AC belt

I found a Gates 7485 in my collection. 13/32"x 49-1/8:"
I have a top mount Sanden compressor but should take about the same belt.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, You're the goods! Thanks my man. What model Sanden compressor are you running? Just curious since these were used on later Alfas like 75s, 164s, etc.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sanden model #

Look somewhere in this thread in the AC forum. http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/air-conditioning-your-alfa-romeo/165740-we-now-have-our-c-forum.html
My A/C shop had replaced lots of those York compressors and knew the P/N by memory. It comes with an adaptor plate to mate the new one with that Alfa head mounted bracket. The new one weighs about 5 lb less.
Try it, you'll like it.
Oh, I gave the York compressor to my A/C shop. Seems it works just find as a low volume air compressor. Great for off roaders that need portable air to change tire air pressure. Make a bracket, get a new belt, hook it up to an air tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts