Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,026 Posts
Bob, I have a long socket head capscrew alternator pivot bolt for the GTV 6, don't know if that will help you though. I got the SHCS so the smaller rounded head would clear the front crossmember, and you can remove it without raising the motor slightly.

· Registered
5,026 Posts
Here's the OEM hex head bolt on the right, and the socket head capscrew on the left, Bob. You're welcome to either of them if you need it. I use a nylok nut on the SHCS to allow the pivot bolt to remain just loose enough so I don't have to slacken it to adjust the belt tension. The alternator grounds via the clamp bolt/nut at the top, anyway.

Tool Temperature Wood Cylinder Gas

· Registered
5,026 Posts
Thanks, Dave, but that won't help me. The bolt I need actually has a threaded stud on the head end. That stud mates with a rubber-bushed mount for the lower compressor support. The one I need would have been standard in probably any 115 or 116 chassis with factory air.

Hey, a funny thing happened yesterday. We got our Stelvio a month ago, and we've seen exactly one on the road since then. Yesterday, we pulled into the parking garage at the downtown library, a structure that probably has 1500 parking spaces, and found it pretty full. We had searched a little ways when I spotted backup lights coming on. Lo and behold, it was another Stelvio leaving! He spotted us, too, and gave a thumbs up. I'm happy to see that new Alfa owners are responding to other Alfas like we old-timers have done for years.

Bob
It's a sign Bob, it's a sign! 😳😳
Yeah, I find the same thing here. The only new Alfa owners that don't return a wave or flash their lights at me are the ones that clearly didn't see me in urban traffic. Not like driving a bimmer or Audi at all...
I understand now what you need, and it's a proprietary part. Given the resources on the BB here, you'll come up with it. Take care my friend.

Reactions: mcneon

· Registered
5,026 Posts
Bob that's a VERY sanitary looking installation! I agree it's much superior to the front mounting plate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts