Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

First post here, wanted to test you guys straight away :D

I have 1978 series 1 Alfetta GTV, 2 liter with (two double) Dell'Orto carburettors.
Unfortunately the Dell'ortos are shot, but since my parts car has some two pretty good (double) Solex carburettors, I figured to use those while I have the Dell'Ortos refurbished. The parts car is a series 1 GTV of 1980, one of the last made with stainless steel bumpers.

Now comes the trouble: the "front" two cilinders run perfectly (as they did on the parts car) but the "rear" two cilinders don't seem to run much at all : the double solex on those two do not suck air. I was scratching my head until I noticed that solex has something on it the other one (and the dell'ortos) do not have : a kind of solenoid with a cable coming out of it. Going back to the donor car I noticed I plugged it out of the wiring going into the ****pit, but there is no plug for it in the '78 car. I'm guessing it's some kind of fuel cut-off thingy. :confused:

Does anybody know what it is and -most importantly- how I can get all four cilinders humming again. It is currently "Alfa weather" deluxe out here and all I have to drive around is my diesel (my GTV6 is being de-rusted). And that hurts.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts guys.
Alfisti Saluti

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Shouldn't the rear two cylinders be sucking lots of air anyways, whether or not the cylinders are firing?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts