Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am helping my uncle with his Alfasud 1.5 1981 The car is a nice car but i have some issues.
The rear dustcaps is "loose". what is wrong here? the dustcaps is in soft plastic and it feels like they are to small!

Also in need of a ash tray for that car if anybody has one to sell.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Its not unusual (on a Sud) that the dust cap is loose. Over the years I have had many Suds/Sprints and its common. Don't know the cause or what I used to do (if I even did anything) to fix it but it cant be hard. All Im saying is your not alone

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
I do not recall this issue with my Sud, but we are talking along time ago.

Could I suggest you try and hammer the dust caps from the inside to make the part of the cap that pushes into the hub bigger and therefore a tighter fit. If this doesn't work, maybe a few MIG tacks equally around the part that pushes into the hub. These tacks will have to be ground down to get the fit you want.

Pete

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem is the dust cap is made of "soft" plastic, so i can not make it "bigger"

·
Administrator
12,928 Posts
Problem is the dust cap is made of "soft" plastic, so i can not make it "bigger"
Oh ... oops sorry.

Can you make the hub opening smaller then? Or go to a wrecker and get metal dust caps off a different marque that will fit.
Pete

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am helping my uncle with his Alfasud 1.5 1981 The car is a nice car but i have some issues.
The rear dustcaps is "loose". what is wrong here? the dustcaps is in soft plastic and it feels like they are to small!

Also in need of a ash tray for that car if anybody has one to sell.
Hi
I have NOS ash tray + box ( and many NOS parts for SUD/Sprint)

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts