Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing the callipers and discs on my Sprint Veloce 1982. The replacements look the same as the originals, however, the disc does not seem to be central between the two pistons on each calliper. The disc is biased to the outside piston in each caliper. The discs are symmetrical but should they be offset? or should there be a washer between the callipers and the gearbox? Please help as I have returned the original callipers as new ones were exchange units
Regards

Zeds27

·
Registered
755 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct discs? I know that for sud inboard systems there are two variations of the discs, the older style and the later model style that look quite different to each other, perhaps they are not interchangeable with one another.
Also are you sure the calipers are the same as the old ones? It would be an easy problem solver if you could put them side by side. As for spacers, I'm not aware of any used for the standard inboard set up.

·
Registered
612 Posts
mine has 1mm washers between the calipers and the gearbox

the later disks are offset. they are the type that are held on by the 6 alen key driveshaft bolts.

the earlier ones are symetrical. they are held on by 4 separate hex bolts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everybody. I forgot to fit the shims. The guy at Justsuds also came to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I am replacing the callipers and discs on my Sprint Veloce 1982. The replacements look the same as the originals, however, the disc does not seem to be central between the two pistons on each calliper. The disc is biased to the outside piston in each caliper. The discs are symmetrical but should they be offset? or should there be a washer between the callipers and the gearbox? Please help as I have returned the original callipers as new ones were exchange units
Regards

Zeds27
How hard was it to get the parts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts