Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

Anyone here personally know Tony Stevens from AlfaStop? Been trying to get in touch with him via phone and email for a few weeks for a big order that I have some questions on to no avail.

If you can help put me in touch, could you kindly send me a PM?

Thanks!
alan

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have dealt with Tony a number of times in the past, with very good results, he is very knowledgeable and provides excellent service ......once you get a hold of him.....

Emails don't work, I don't think he even reads them, and over the phone I guess it's luck. He might be on vacation, try at different times of day.

I know this is a stretch from some of the excellent service some US outlets provide, but I don't think you'll find all of what you might need in the US and Tony is the guy to go to.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Alfastop is closed for holiday during August, but Tony should be around, that´s what he told me, am waiting for an order as well, or rather waiting for Tony to receive his stuff first.

Dennis

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alfastop is closed for holiday during August, but Tony should be around, that´s what he told me, am waiting for an order as well, or rather waiting for Tony to receive his stuff first.

Dennis

Yeah, I figured he might be out on holidays. Been trying morning, noon, and afternoon for about 3 weeks on the phone tho, and he doesn't have voicemail!

If you do reach him, tell him to check his email!

Cheers - alan

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm based in the UK and have spoken to Tony a few times - he's very knowledgable but endearingly erratic!
When I've needed parts for my Spider project I've usually ended up using Classic Alfa (also in the UK), even when they don't have a part listed on their website they can usually source it (for example they got me a rear view mirror).
Richard Norris is the main man, but they have 2 or 3 others who also know their stuff.
Alan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Tony Stephens

I know Tony. Even knowing him doesn't make it easy to contact him. It's true the guys at Classic Alfa will get back to you the same day. As will the guys at Alfaholics. Tony's expertise is 1900 and early Giulietta. Be patient. He's a good guy. He'll give you the shirt (with Alfa logo) off his back. Few people dig up the treasures he does on trips to Italy. I know I've been with him. Keep trying.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've had a parts order in since February and talked to him twice. Once he said it was going out, but it never happened. He said he was way behind on orders. I guess so. I passed on buying a used pair of 40dc03 carb struts, thinking I was getting new ones from Tony. It never happened.
If anybody had any success recently, please post!

Mark

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I have to say that after many years of dealing with Tony I have had NO problems whatsoever.......I don't think his phone knows where the call comes from!!! So, please keep faith with him.

·
Administrator
4,148 Posts
I agree, Tony is a fantastic supplier, but endearingly erratic, I've only had success in dealing with him. He's a one-man-band and is frequently away on trips gathering bits for his customers, so give him the benefit of the doubt - where else would you source the steel stiffeners for the early '55 blocks or the correct bushes for the column shifts in the early 750's.

His inventory & knowledge are a real asset to us

Ciao
Greig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts