Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not new but Alfas just the same. After our F1 breakfast three of us which included the Infamous Head Scrutineer SKIP stop by Fiat Studio to kick some 500 tires.

We had the lot all to ourselves.

AND, yes Skip hit me on my parking abilities!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Now that's funny, I walked to that exact same dealer a couple weeks ago when staying at the nearby Holiday Inn.

I am really undecided on that car right now, I need to see the Abarth version. The current "Sport" version of the car just has cosmetic upgrades, like a tiny roof spoiler, and painted red brake calipers. Mind you they are the same brake calipers as on the lesser models, just with red paint. It also has a different exhaust tip, just the tip.

It seems like Fiat took a page from the 70's American car companies, when the had the SS, or GT models only gave you stripes and a different instrument cluster, with no meaningful sport upgrades.

The car's fuel economy numbers don't exactly blow me away either, it's not much better than my Buick, and a whole lot less good than an old Fiat 850.

All in all, I thought it was cute, but I will wait for the Abarth version, or at least a "sport" version that has something extra.

Greg

P.S. Oh, and the salesman didn't know jack about Fiat.

·
Premium Member
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greg the 500 Sport also it has SPORT Button, which is more than an Easy Button. It tightens up steering, suspension and engine management and God forbid you would buy an A/T model - shift points.

Still it is a A/B segment car so without Abarth option not really a boy Racer but still is fun to drive.

Did you met Ludy and Justin while there at Studio?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Hmm, I didn't see the SPORT button, too bad, I would have pushed it. Speaking of the A/T model, most of them were automatics. I didn't drive one. I have no idea who Ludy and Justin are, so no I didn't meet them.

Greg

·
Premium Member
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I didn't see the SPORT button, too bad, I would have pushed it. Speaking of the A/T model, most of them were automatics. I didn't drive one. I have no idea who Ludy and Justin are, so no I didn't meet them.

Greg
She is the studio manager and Justin is her assistant Fiat person there. They brought that black Sport to our dinner meeting in Feb to drive and has been bringing it around to other events we have been having with car guys. I got to drive it with button pushed.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Very cool.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
with the button pushed

Steve,
did you get to drive it with the button "un" pushed. Comparison?

Did Skip get his car painted? It looks a lot redder than I remember.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Great pics and it's nice to see Fiat back on American soil!

As for the 500 Sport, two of my friend's bought them I truly think they are fantastic cars but personally would not pay that kind of money.

I'd wait for the Abarth.

·
Premium Member
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve,
did you get to drive it with the button "un" pushed. Comparison?

Did Skip get his car painted? It looks a lot redder than I remember.

Wayne
Sort of for a few blocks but mostly with button pushed.

He has had it painted twice since he has had it but always the same color. there was some cracking in base primer first time after awhile he said.

·
Premium Member
27,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, next time I am in Norfolk, I am going to go back and talk to one of them. Hopefully later this month.

Greg
Let me know when OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts