Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that hit the junkyards now and again....

74 Spider - Modesto
81 Spider - Windsor
91 164 - Oakland
91 164 - Richmond
94 164 - Fairfield

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I always thought it would be nice if someone here was on the computer list for the various junk yards ......

·
Registered
229 Posts
I pulled some parts off of the 81 in Windsor about 4 weeks ago, being that it's an 81 there's not many useful engine parts there, also there was a considerable amount of rust in the engine compartment. The whole interior was filled with water, I punched out the drain plugs to drain the interior.

I took the tach, fuse block, some parts from the heater. The body was straight if anyone needs panels. the dash/interior were shot

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If anyone is interested in tag teaming a powertrain pull from a Spider sometime give me a shout. (I need the trans, but don't need the engine).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey - I can give you a hand, and, I live in San Ramon too. We will just have to try to coordinate a day we're both available.

Rob
'91 164S
'86 GTV6

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Alfa in Windsor

If anyone is interested in tag teaming a powertrain pull from a Spider sometime give me a shout. (I need the trans, but don't need the engine).
That car is long gone. My daughter had a volleyball tournament up that way and between games I went over to have a look and the car was not there.
You can go here to check their inventory.

Pick-n-Pull Check Inventory

·
Registered
72 Posts
I wonder how their computer does inventory.. because in the "model" field it doesn't list "GTV6"

OTOH, I know when I went to the site, I found a GTV6 and consequently, found lots of good parts. So hopefully, if the model isn't listed it just means they don't have any... right?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm heading over to pick-n-pull soon! I doubt there will be much alfa's though, i'm heading to the Oakland one since my friend needs stuff for his 87 accord hatch. I'll update if i find anything!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
91 164 at Antelope Picnpull but someone got the engine already. That engine was bad so I hope they take the heads off before they install it. I went out last month and had a look at it and told the guy to call APE or Picnpull.......

·
Registered
72 Posts
How sad, if thats the car I think it is, I know who got the motor. He didn't know it was all messed up. The rod in that thing was obliteratred! I have a crappy pic of it in my phone somewhere.. it's pretty bad.

take a peek, sorry for the poor quality pic.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Pulled an alternator and some misc trim parts off the 164 in Oakland...still lots of stuff left!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts