Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened...I sold the truck. I'm finally where I wanted to be, owning ONLY Alfas. The truck didn't sell at a particularly good time, but it gone. I haven't started on the red 164S yet, hopefully this winter. The silver 164B is in the greenhouse getting the brakes bled after replacing the rear calipers and pads. Actually, that part is done. I want to also bleed the front brakes to replace the fluid with Castrol LMX. The 1973 Berlina is running, but doesn't have a heater, needs a wheel bearing, and needs the fuse box replaced. It's going to be touch and go for a week or so without the truck, but the time has come.
It's ALFAS ONLY!! :)

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
That's the spirit I have thought about selling my truck and even Red 164 but not sure I have the guts to follow through on ever sale.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it was time. As you know I bought a trailer hitch from uHaul for the silver 164B. It has some "fit" issues that will require cut and reweld to solve. So, the 164B will replace the truck:)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I did the same, sold my trusty nissan pickup and got a Peugeot, maybe not another alfa, but worth it. Its nice to wake up and say "now which sports sedan do I take today?

·
Registered
503 Posts
c'mon guys there are other cars that can be fun or serve its purpose that the alfa is not suited for, i love my MB for the gas milage putting around town and my saab is a really fun and comfortable ride, yes neither put a smile on my face more than the alfa but i do like other cars as much not to mention my fathers truck 88 chevy dooly, can't see me going to lowes to get sheet rock and windows for home repairs in the alfa :) or its needed to pick a broken car up.....not to mention my alfa when heater core blew....

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smile on your face says it all. I put a trailer hitch on the 164B and have a utility trailer for going to get sheet rock and I'm smiling as I type thinking about doing it for the first time:)

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Driving the Alfa everyday and my Dodge Ram just kept sitting there getting dirty and depreciating and everybody kept asking me if it was for sale. I had to keep washing it, paying the insurance, etc. So I sold it. The old Alfa just keeps on making me happy, so all is good for now. If I can just get the head gasket change completed on my new "Project Brick" (89 Volvo 240DL) I will have a back up car again, just to be on the safe side. The Brick, BTW is very easy to work on, parts are plentiful and dirt cheap, so I think it was a good choice, we will see. I don't think it will put a smile on my face when I drive it though. ;)
Charles

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Richard,

As you can see from my sig, I am also Alfas only at this time :D

Is there any chance you could send me some good photos of the trailer hitch and fitting instructions as I would really like a hitch on my 164 but uHaul (Aus) don't sell them and neither does anyone else.

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Driving the Alfa everyday and my Dodge Ram just kept sitting there getting dirty and depreciating and everybody kept asking me if it was for sale. I had to keep washing it, paying the insurance, etc. So I sold it. The old Alfa just keeps on making me happy, so all is good for now. If I can just get the head gasket change completed on my new "Project Brick" (89 Volvo 240DL) I will have a back up car again, just to be on the safe side. The Brick, BTW is very easy to work on, parts are plentiful and dirt cheap, so I think it was a good choice, we will see. I don't think it will put a smile on my face when I drive it though. ;)
Charles

Well, two of the hardcore Alfiisti assisted me today as we worked all day today loading my borrowed trailer and my Ford Ranger PU with the dregs from a Milano Verde - 3.0 engine, driveshaft, transaxle, rear end with axles, Strebo Cat back system, Jetronic ECU with EZ Ecu, all sensors, FI harness, ground effects, wheelwell flares, phone dial wheels, etc.

Never would have gotten all that with a 164 towing a trailer. So my pick up still coming in handy.

So tomorrow we have to repeat the process with Verde number 2 as bodies going to be crushed as another friend got a 2-day eviction notice from City of Norfolk to have these relics off his property. We got them moved to a buds bone yard last Saturday and he is letting us part them out.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve,

If you didn't have the truck and had an Alfa with a hitch, you could make 2 trips and smile twice as much:)

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Craig,

I have to take the hitch back off to modify it. When i do, I'll take some pics.

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
Steve,

Just get a 164 with rear end damage and turn it into a pickup.
Had thought of doing that or a station wagon aka sportwagon. Don't need one with read end damage already have a couple rescue projects that I could modify but need a class 3 or 4 hitch to do some serious hauling of 164s in total and 164 doing 164 won't hack it I am afraid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts